Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Just out of curiousity, I'd like to know how heavily people use the internet on their treos. . I browse the web quite a bit on my 650, which I've had for almost 2 years now.

As of today, I'm up to 5,968,000 kilobits of data, and around 12,000 minutes of talk time.

FYI, you can view your personal usage by going to your phone menu and typing in the code:

##786#.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    are you supposed to hit send?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Life Timer (minutes) 1664
    Life Data (kilobytes) 436443
    Now this is just wierd:

Treo 700P -- one month old mind you: (Bought New)

Life Timer: (15,526 minutes) . . . . . . Actual = 400ish
    Life Data: (114,144 kb) . . . . . . . . looks reasonable
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/29/2007 at 07:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    that is weird, perry. you bought it new so it isn't a refurb - which would have been my only explanation.

I might give my carrier a call to see if I could get an explanation of the 15,000 life timer minutes there.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Miztahsparkelz, no you don't have to hit send. Just type in that code and your data usage will automatically be displayed for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    that is weird, perry. you bought it new so it isn't a refurb - which would have been my only explanation.

I might give my carrier a call to see if I could get an explanation of the 15,000 life timer minutes there.
    Sprint has no explanation:
    1st tech said it would be life minutes on my phone NUMBER and not the phone. (I said fine, hung up and called back.)
    2nd tech agreed that it should be life minutes of THIS phone, but had no explanation. (He referred me to retentions who sold me the phone.)

Retentions said it should be new, that refurbs only come thru Assurion as replacements, product shipped from the Sprint warehouse is new product.

At this point, the phone works, so I am not going to press the issue any farther with Sprint. (Retentions had given me a wonderful deal on the phone and an extrodinary plan in December.) They said that they would note my account with my question and the life timer minutes -- in case there is any future issue.

(BTW . . . . .Under ##786# -- Reconditioned Status = NO)

Good enough for now.

Funny that the Life Minutes are off but not the Life Data.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/29/2007 at 09:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Life Timer (minutes) 6533
    Life Date (kilobytes) 112061

I got the phone in October (2nd warranty replacement since 12/2004) and it was a refurb.

Perry - I think I saw another thread somewhere about the inaccurate life timer on the 700p.

Q
    My Cingular phone shows no data usage information. Is this normal?
    Last edited by westronic; 01/29/2007 at 12:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Sprint has no explanation:
    1st tech said it would be life minutes on my phone NUMBER and not the phone. (I said fine, hung up and called back.)
    2nd tech agreed that it should be life minutes of THIS phone, but had no explanation. (He referred me to retentions who sold me the phone.)

Retentions said it should be new, that refurbs only come thru Assurion as replacements, product shipped from the Sprint warehouse is new product.

At this point, the phone works, so I am not going to press the issue any farther with Sprint. (Retentions had given me a wonderful deal on the phone and an extrodinary plan in December.) They said that they would note my account with my question and the life timer minutes -- in case there is any future issue.

(BTW . . . . .Under ##786# -- Reconditioned Status = NO)

Good enough for now.

Funny that the Life Minutes are off but not the Life Data.

Cheers, Perry.

Well the phone works the way its supposed to so, like you said, why not let sleeping dogs lie. My only other guess though would be that it may have been tested for a while prior to its release, or as qwalls suggested, the timer could simply be off. Who knows. In any case, its documented now and your phone is in good working order - that`s good to hear. Congrats on a great deal from retentions! I hope I can land one of those this coming April!
    Life Timer: 15075
    Life Data: 2,501,172
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Sprint Treo 650

Purchased January 19th, 2005.

Life Timer (minutes): 63,534
    Life Data (kilobytes): 1,124,567

Unlimited Plan
    Quote Originally Posted by qwalls View Post
    Thanks Q !!

Doesn't look like much was resolved back then. . . . .
    1,546,672 kilobytes downloaded

On Verizon, it's #*#786#
    i dunno.. it doesnt show up for me.. lol.. maybe its a cdma thing... i have cingular..
    I have a GSM and it does not work for me either.
    Not, it works like #*786 call
    But there is no info about data.