Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I demo'd Xinno and have a few questions for those who use it often.

1. Do you find it stable? My Verizon Treo 650 is normally very stable, but with Xinno I noticed several crashes. I'm not sure if it was Xinno or FontSmoother that caused it, though.

2. What do use to adjust Xinno's font? The defaults are awful. As mentioned, I tried FontSmoother which was a remarkable improvement, but it may have caused stability issues.

3. If I want to keep Xiino, how do I register it? The site links to Handango, but I can't find Xinno listed.

Thanks for your help.
    All will believe in Him! The question is when!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Is anyone using Xiino?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I use it. I once tried to use Fontsmoother with my 650 and it caused the crashes. I have used Xiino with the 600, the 650 and the 700p. It does not cause the crashes.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Relbik View Post
    I demo'd Xinno and have a few questions for those who use it often.

1. Do you find it stable? My Verizon Treo 650 is normally very stable, but with Xinno I noticed several crashes. I'm not sure if it was Xinno or FontSmoother that caused it, though.

2. What do use to adjust Xinno's font? The defaults are awful. As mentioned, I tried FontSmoother which was a remarkable improvement, but it may have caused stability issues.

3. If I want to keep Xiino, how do I register it? The site links to Handango, but I can't find Xinno listed.

Thanks for your help.
    1.) Yes.

2.) I use Fonts4OS5 with FontSmoother. The font I use with Xiino is NimbusSans 14 aa ker.

3.) It's been too long for me to remember.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I demo'd it too on my 700P. Although I liked it, I decided to stay with Blazer. I seem to remember the 5 way support wasn't perfect with Xiino and certain pages worked perfectly with blazer but not with xiino.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I kind of thought FontSmoother was the crash culprit, too. I figure I may give Fonts4OS5.

For pages that rendered poorly, Skweezer made up the difference. Funny, though, Blazer great pages stunk with Xiino and vice versa.

As for registering, Xiino may be a dead program. I can't find it on Handango, which is where Mobirus linked, and emails to them are bouncing.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I decided to give FontSmoother another try. I think the version I first used was outdated or something because now it's quite stable. In fact, I've changed my entire system to a different font. It causes some cosmetic blems, but mostly it's very nice.
    I don't see Xiino listed anymore on Handango and couldn't figure out the Padassi site. Xiino has a very convenient way of saving pages when compared to Blazer. I don't use it much anymore as most of my needs on the Treo are met by Blazer and Opera. Xiino can be used with http://www.skweezer.net/ to improve the formatting on some pages. I was having some trouble getting it to start up again after clearing cache and it does seem to have been somewhat abandoned by the author. I wrote him a note to see... Good Luck!
    I gave up on xiino a long time ago because the performance got so bad for me.
    I switched over to using Opera Mini. The problem is that you have to install IBM Java (which takes up a lot of memory) and unfortunatley Opera Mini crashes easily.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'm anticipating Universe's release.