Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I'm a 650 user on sprint. I'm just curious as to how people have found their browsing experience on the ev-do network over the last 8 mths.

Have you found it to be a stunning difference over the 650's browser?

I'm also interested to hear how the video streaming has been. can you view videos on youtube.com or msn.com as you would on your pc?

I'm aware of the mysterious battery drain and the music skipping issue on the 700p, but I'm particularly interested in hearing about the browser/streaming features on this device.

How would you rate them?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    With EVDO the browser crosses a threshold and becomes fast, much faster than on the 650. Non-mobile newspaper sites not only become readable but are quick to load in *many* sites. If you are covered by EVDO, it can be quite an experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    With EVDO the browser crosses a threshold and becomes fast, much faster than on the 650. Non-mobile newspaper sites not only become readable but are quick to load in *many* sites. If you are covered by EVDO, it can be quite an experience.
    It is fast, and worth the upgrade but it is SO SLOW compared to the other Power Vision Phones. Side by side comparisons with the 700p and my Sanyo 9000 or Samsung a920 don't even come close.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    what kind of speeds do you get with your sanyo device? I'm curious as to how it compares with the treo 700p's 300-700 kbit/sec data speeds.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Great! Blazing fast pretty much anysite I can access...
    As far as an improvement over the 650, EVDO is a much better experience then 1xRTT. It is obviously quicker and incoming calls take priority. However, you will still see buffering with streaming audio and video but to a much lesser extent. Given a choice for the same cost, EVDO is the no-brainer choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nauticaboy503 View Post
    It is fast, and worth the upgrade but it is SO SLOW compared to the other Power Vision Phones. Side by side comparisons with the 700p and my Sanyo 9000 or Samsung a920 don't even come close.

That's most likely because those phones are using wap browsers, i think. Why not try loading a full html page side by side with both the Treo and an ordinary power Vision phone and time how long they both load.

Coming from a Treo 650 and regular vision (from previous vision phones), EVDO on the 700p is a breath of fresh air. Ofcourse loading some pages still chokes up Blazer, which i think is attributable to the Treo's processor, but otherwise EVDO is amazing.

From streaming internet radio (128kbps), to video streaming (via Orb, Kinoma, and potentially SlingPlayer), EVDo is what it is advertised to be, which is why i find it hard to ditch Sprint. Been with them for almost 8 yrs now and they keep giving me reasons to stay.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....