1.    #1  
    I did a lot of research on agendus and even tried it out on my treo 700. I now bought a brand new palm tx and every time I try installing the agendus trial it freezez and in a soft reset wont help. I need to hard reset it to get it to work again. It keeps happening again and again! How can I get agendus on my palm??? I think I like the program but its not installing on my palm!!??!! If someone can PLEASE HELP I would greatly appreciate it.

thank you
    Whenever we're dealing with chronic reset or "freeze" problems, it always boils down to either one or more of the PIM databases being corrupt, or a non-compatible application.

Quick way to check the corrupt database theory is to first, back up yours: CalendarDB-PDat, ContactsDB-PAdd, MemoDB-PMem, TasksDB-PTod

As long as you have these files copied somewhere, either your SD card and/or to your PC, you don't have to worry about losing your data.

Then delete these same files from your TX's RAM. This may cause a reset. When you are rebooted, open each of the native PIM applications (to create new blank databases) and close them: Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Contacts. Then open Agendus and navigate between the various calendar, tasks, memos, and contacts views. Of course there will be no data there, but if you can do this without freezes or resets, then one of those databases you saved is the cause of the problem. You can be pretty sure it's not memos or contacts, so copy them back to RAM and retest. Then I would copy back calendar and test.

When you find the one it is (assuming it is a database issue), we can address what to do.

If you still get freezes/crashes with all blank databases, you have a conflicting application and the best and least time consuming way to pinpoint that is to hard reset and rebuild your PDA, testing Agendus after each app install. I know that is time consuming, but less so than trying to guess which one it is. Good luck!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  3.    #3  
    I dont understand its a brand new tx, syncing with a new palm desktop. No old data, agendus is the first thing Im installing?
    Excuse me! My crystal ball needs cleaning I guess.

Try going to this link, click either AgendusStd - Standard, AgendusPro - Professional, or AgendusPre - Premier, and download the .prc file for your language (EN = English).

http://www.iambic.com/download/palmos/

Quick Sync it to your TX . . . there should be no Nutshell Installer. Let me know if this helps.
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  5.    #5  
    Thank You!! Thank You!! YOU GUYS ROCK! I was starting to think that mabe the program was no good, but I see you guys really got the answers! I downloaded it from your link and its working well! I would recommend the program any day. Its the best Ive seen out there and the costomer service too! Ill be back when Ive got some more questions for you......Oh and thanks again!
    Very glad to have been able to help you "abesuperior." You might want to register and partake in the iambic forums. It will help you greatly as you grow in the use and knowledge of Agendus.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    Whenever we're dealing with chronic reset or "freeze" problems, it always boils down to either one or more of the PIM databases being corrupt, or a non-compatible application.

Quick way to check the corrupt database theory is to first, back up yours: CalendarDB-PDat, ContactsDB-PAdd, MemoDB-PMem, TasksDB-PTod

As long as you have these files copied somewhere, either your SD card and/or to your PC, you don't have to worry about losing your data.

Then delete these same files from your TX's RAM. This may cause a reset. When you are rebooted, open each of the native PIM applications (to create new blank databases) and close them: Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Contacts. Then open Agendus and navigate between the various calendar, tasks, memos, and contacts views. Of course there will be no data there, but if you can do this without freezes or resets, then one of those databases you saved is the cause of the problem. You can be pretty sure it's not memos or contacts, so copy them back to RAM and retest. Then I would copy back calendar and test.

When you find the one it is (assuming it is a database issue), we can address what to do.

If you still get freezes/crashes with all blank databases, you have a conflicting application and the best and least time consuming way to pinpoint that is to hard reset and rebuild your PDA, testing Agendus after each app install. I know that is time consuming, but less so than trying to guess which one it is. Good luck!

thanks! didnt realize I could copy these databases to sd card for safe keeping

God Bless
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post

I did the above and concluded that my calendar DB is the problem - but Backupman won't let me restore it. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Well, I think this may have solved the problem and I think I have tried this solution once before. If I recall correctly, I had a similar problem with a previous version. The problem, it seems, is a conflict with the "no end date" alarms. When trying to install v11 it would reset whenver there where recurring appointments attached to contacts that had no end dates set to their respective alarms. Since this stays in the native PIM, Agendus can't seem to open itself without crashing because the alarm does not seem to integrate well (in my case). Hopefully this will help other in the future.
    So, in order to fix this crash issue I did the following:
    1. Unininstall Agendus(remove all sub-apps just in case)
    2. Go into native calender and remove/uncheck all alarms/recurring alarms.
    3. Remove alarms from tasks, etc.
    4. Re-install Agendus and reset alarms.
    5. Viola! in my case.

The above is my result from Iambic's suport site. This technique solved my problem and amy work for you.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com