1.    #1  
    I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere.

When I am in Preferences on my Treo-650 and open Default Apps under "General", how can I make changes to the three categories listed? Right now, for EMAIL it shows VersaMail, for MESSAGING it shows-gasp- Messaging, and for BROWSER it shows Web.

Well, I don't use VersaMail as my default Email app, I use Chattermail. But - each of the three drop-down "options" is locked. IOW, when I click on the down-arrow for Versamail...the only "option" is VersaMail and no matter how hard I tap on it ( ) there are no other options! How do I change this so it reads that "Default Email application" is Chattermail?

I really am at a loss as to how I can explain this any differently. I can't seem to get anyone to understand that I HAVE set the "default" setting WITHIN Chattermail Prefs to "Chattermail as the default email program". I did that when I first bought the app and decided it was the only one worth using!

What I want to know is why "Chattermail" does not appear in the Default Apps drop-down menu on my Treo as one of the options to choose from?

Can anyone explain how to change this? (or at least WHY it does this?)
    Who is your service provider? My wife has a Sprint Treo 650, and the control for the default email app is readily accessable.

Try this. Make sure Chatter is running (put a mailbox online if need be) and then go back into the control and attempt to select Chatter. Even on my Sprint Treo 700p, if I shut Chatter down, it's option to be selected as the default mail app is removed from the preferances control.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    .....and then go back into the control and attempt to select Chatter. Even on my Sprint Treo 700p, if I shut Chatter down, it's option to be selected as the default mail app is removed from the preferances control.
    You are absolutely right! If I activate Chatter and then go into Prefs, the little drop-down menu for Default Email offers 2 choices: Versamail and Chatter.

However, when I close Chatter and go back to Prefs, the Default Email list again offers ONLY Versamail.

Now the question is: why?
    Are you shutting down Chatter, or just exiting Chatter? Do you have a mail account online, or set to qsync every x-minutes? If you dont have Chatter set to do "something" then it wont run in the background, and it wont be available in that preferances drop down list.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    ....If you dont have Chatter set to do "something" then it wont run in the background, and it wont be available in that preferances drop down list.
    I do believe THAT is the answer.