Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In the last coupe of days my 680 has started dropping phone calls then freezing on the "on a call" screen. I'm on the phone for maybe 10 seconds when I lose the connection with the person I'm talking to, but the phone still shows the call is in progress. When I press the red button to disconnect the call, the screen shows the "hanging up" verbiage, then freezes. No buttons will navigate away from the screen, the phone can't even be turned off when the red button is pressed, and I have to perform a soft reset and let the device power up before I can use the phone again. It seems to come and go, but I've run into this issue at least 4 or 5 times a day for the last 3 days or so. I haven't done anything different to my phone or added (or removed) any applications, and the only change I've made at all recently is the camera patch.

Is anyone else expericing a similar issue?
    I haven't experienced that, but I have had two problems with calls:

1) Several times now, when I’ve hit a “favorites” button to launch a call, nothing will happen. I can hit the button again, hit a different button, leave the phone app and do other things, but no call will be placed, and no call can be placed. Then, a minute or two (or three) later, the phone app will finally launch the call (the first one I tried to place)

2) When answering a call, the phone will sometimes just freeze and not connect to voice. The freeze can last long enough to lose the call completely.

Anyone else have those?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Yup, have the same thing, I'll goto my contacts it'll do nothing and then 30s-1min later ill be in a call. Then sometimes when I goto pick up a call it'll freeze completely and I'll have to wait like a min or two for the phone to go back to normal.
    I have also notices this delay, most of the time when quiting the SMS application
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
    Quote Originally Posted by DITTON View Post
    Yup, have the same thing, I'll goto my contacts it'll do nothing and then 30s-1min later ill be in a call. Then sometimes when I goto pick up a call it'll freeze completely and I'll have to wait like a min or two for the phone to go back to normal.
    ditto here. Thus far, i haven't been able to find a pattern.
    I've had all these issues from time to time , is it Cingular?
    I had the same problem about a week ago. When there is an incoming call or sms, my Treo 680 would freeze.

After analyzing the situation, I decided to uninstall Phone Technician. Since that time up to now, I have never encountered any freezing nor resets when a call comes in.
  8.    #8  
    I've been experiencing the freezing issue on my Cingular 680.
  9.    #9  
    Is "Phone Technician" something included on all 680s, and if so, how would I access it and unistall it?
    I'm not on Cingular (Rogers, though I bought an unlocked GSM from Palm). I did test Phone Technician, but had the problem before that, and have it still long after uninstalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by tccentex View Post
    Is "Phone Technician" something included on all 680s, and if so, how would I access it and unistall it?
    No...Phone Technician is a third party app.
    I have the same problem with my 680 ..that is...the phone freezes at an incoming call and the only "quick" recovery is a reset (the batterydoor is wearing out already...).

The funny thing is I have an unbranded 680 and NO (not even Palm) software installed....I also didn't hotsync!!

I hate to say this...but my 680 has more problems than my old 650!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celf View Post
    I have the same problem with my 680 ..that is...the phone freezes at an incoming call and the only "quick" recovery is a reset (the batterydoor is wearing out already...).

The funny thing is I have an unbranded 680 and NO (not even Palm) software installed....I also didn't hotsync!!

I hate to say this...but my 680 has more problems than my old 650!!!!!!!!
    you need to install the desktop from the cd, make sure you answer yes when it asks to go to the Internet to get updates. Then hotsync, this first hotsync places updates on the phone that may resolve your issues.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I have the desktop software installed on my work PC which is behind a firewall. When I try to get the updates via the internet during the install, it cannot connect (due to firewall).
    Is there any other way to get these updates???

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    you need to install the desktop from the cd, make sure you answer yes when it asks to go to the Internet to get updates. Then hotsync, this first hotsync places updates on the phone that may resolve your issues.
    You are right but I didn't do it this time to see if the problem keeps popping up even not having synced to my desktop. The problem showed up even after installing all updates and software so I wanted to find out if the device\ROM or the installed software caused these freezes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrackerman View Post
    I have the desktop software installed on my work PC which is behind a firewall. When I try to get the updates via the internet during the install, it cannot connect (due to firewall).
    Is there any other way to get these updates???

Thanks.
    Not sure -- did any of the install take? If you can get to the hotsync manager (watch the system tray during install) click custom, if you have addit conduit there click change - there's a network button - here you can add a proxy.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Not sure -- did any of the install take? If you can get to the hotsync manager (watch the system tray during install) click custom, if you have addit conduit there click change - there's a network button - here you can add a proxy.
    Thanks... I actually already have addit on my treo680 and did the update via that when I first got it and it did install something at that time. The freezes still occur occasionally. The only 3rd party software I have installed are the following:
    Battery.prc
    Battery Graph
    DEPReader
    GoogleMaps
    mSafe
    PocketProtector+
    RemoteLock
    SignalMeter
    TreoAlarm
    TreoGuard

Does anyone know if one of these may be causing the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrackerman View Post
    Thanks... I actually already have addit on my treo680 and did the update via that when I first got it and it did install something at that time. The freezes still occur occasionally. The only 3rd party software I have installed are the following:
    Battery.prc
    Battery Graph
    TreoAlarm

Does anyone know if one of these may be causing the issue?
    TreoAlarm never ran very reliably for me.. but it just caused occational crashes.

Battery Graph and Battery are mainly debugging tools and you should not have them routinely installed for no reason.
  19. rag
    i believe there is a common app or hardware issue with the 680. this would account why multiple device users are having the same problem of device lock-up despite differing network providers and software profiles. i noted >10 users returning their 680s at the cingular store within 1 hr. cingular has no idea what is wrong. palm will not chat about it. ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rag View Post
    i believe there is a common app or hardware issue with the 680. this would account why multiple device users are having the same problem of device lock-up despite differing network providers and software profiles. i noted >10 users returning their 680s at the cingular store within 1 hr. cingular has no idea what is wrong. palm will not chat about it. ideas?
    I start having a similar problem after I dropped my 680. I found that the Sim card got displaced. I put the sim back in its tray and put it back, everything turned out ok. I dropped a couple more times, (I still haven't found a case that really keeps my 680 secure) with similar results. I have now put a couple of layers of scotch tape on the back of the sim to keep it more secure during my rough treatment and no freezes. It worked for me. Your results may vary.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast