Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Ok, I just got a freeze after five days since I put some scotch tape over the sim card to hold it in the tray. I really thought that would work and perhaps it did. I'm going to open it and check to see if it's still tight and maybe try the Date/Time thing.
    Am on my second 680 and straight out of the box the phone froze on a incoming call. Went to Cingular store where phone was purchased and was informed that Cingular and Palm are aware of problem and are working on a fix. Time frame? 2 days to 2 weeks. This is in San Antonio
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    It wasn't the date/time thing on my phone. I tried it both on and off and it would still freeze. I had thought it could be that since there had been some issues with that in previous treo models but it changing it did not fix my problem.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Happened to me twice today. Phone rang, I hit answer, nothing happened until a few minutes later when I got the missed call dialog. Very frustrating. Hopefully Palm really is aware and really is working on a fix.

(Unlocked GSM, has happened with both time/date set on and off).
    Quote Originally Posted by rener View Post
    Happened to me twice today. Phone rang, I hit answer, nothing happened until a few minutes later when I got the missed call dialog. Very frustrating. Hopefully Palm really is aware and really is working on a fix.

(Unlocked GSM, has happened with both time/date set on and off).
    what does your sim say on it?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Rogers AT&T (I'm in Canada)
    there's a thread about certain 3g sims not working well, not sure what that equates to for rogers. I am not certain on the gsm sim version -- I think there are v1, v1+, v2/3 sim versions but I'm not sure about the standards.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by mdg0228 View Post
    Am on my second 680 and straight out of the box the phone froze on a incoming call. Went to Cingular store where phone was purchased and was informed that Cingular and Palm are aware of problem and are working on a fix. Time frame? 2 days to 2 weeks. This is in San Antonio
    I hope they are indeed working on a fix because its obvious there is a hardware/phone service issue. I dont have any issue with the 680 unless I use the phone.
    I am happy to say that my 680 has not locked up in 2-3 days. Has everyone else in SA and other areas been having better luck with this problem?

Cingular must have changed something on their network over the weekend.

How is everyone else doing?
  10.    #70  
    I too have been freeze-free (although the weather down here sure doesn't feel like the usual pizza oven that it is) for the past week or so. I never did anything to the device (reinstalling apps, hard resets, etc) besides a soft reset every time the phone froze - except I noticed the last couple times I got fed up with it and decided not to pull the battery out right away - probably due to the fact that my 680's been sporting the new skin-tight Seidio rubberized case, and it's a pain to take it out and put it back in that thing. Anyway, I remember just putting the phone to the side in disgust only to find that it reset itself (un-froze) after a few minutes of being left alone. I swear this thing is just going to up and change color one of these days for no apparent reason. It could happen.
    Same thing in SA. Its been at least 5 days or so without a hang.

In the past after a hang I also left the phone to the side and found that it kinda fixed itself. However, when I went to hotsync I could not. I kept getting an error. After a soft reset I was able to hotsync.
    Mine froze the other day in the middle of the "Treo" ringtone. Sounded like a broken record until I could get the battery out. Sweeeet!!!
    Patrick Horne
    Mine froze again today...

However, it was due to a different condition: Global Colding!

Not only did my Treo freeze, so did I!

It was 32 degrees below zero (Canuck degrees) with the wind chill factor.

Staff wanted to go into the walk in freezers to get warmed up...
    Same here in VanCity. I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed with the 680. I have all this free memory but afraid to install any other apps cuz I can't figure out which one, if any, is causing all this weird stuff.
    I have only experienced freezing in the phone app when I'm in the process of starting a call (hit green button) and either an SMS or a call comes in at that moment. I see the SMS pop-up or the incoming call presentation, but can't respond to it... then I find the whole device has locked up. But in no other cases have I experienced this.
    Occasionally it has frozen when sending mail but that's more clearly a network issue than a phone thing since immediately after a reset, it still cannot log back into the network even if I use another phone (with the same sim of course). Otherwise, never a freeze issue. Just loving my phone. ;-)
    I am on the Rogers network in Vancouver, Canada with a Rogers branded phone...I've had two so far with occasional freezing problems when answering or dialing calls. But more peculiar is a "silence" after about 2 rings whenever I call another mobile customer (land lines are okay!). Happens every time now! It'll ring twice, and go silent until you hang up. If the other customer picks up the phone they can hear you but you can't hear them...very frustrating! It doesn't even forward to their voicemail if they don't pick up..

anybody else having this peculiar problem?

thanks
    Any solution to this problem? I'm having a gsm unlocked phone in Malaysia. Phone freeze a couple of times on incoming call. The caller will just hear the ring tone and if you have voice mail the call will divert to it since I can't answer the phone.
    same problem here in Malaysia. Phone freeze for about a minute on incoming call. It is then diverted to voice mail..Happen at about 2 times per week. Any known application could contribute this?
    Thank You.
    Any other apps you have handling incoming calls e.g. ringtone managers like Ringo, call recording software like RecorderX or CallRec etc - I would delete all those and see if it resolves any issues.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast