1.    #1  
    I've posted several times that though the switching application lag is annoying it's the time opening large dbs that are really frustrating to me:

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster View Post
    ....Agendus 10.+ (whatever rev it took to finally stabilize) was incredibly quick on the 650. Both 10.+ and 11.1 are dogs on the 700p. My wife has all of her appointments and task dating back to her first Palm over 5 years ago; I've purged my 8 years of data to only 8 months. It takes Agendus 5-6 seconds to load on my 700p and well over 20 seconds on hers. Both loaded in 1-2 seconds on the 650. The issue (for once) is not Agendus.
    I achieved a 3 second reduction in my load times by editing all my reocurring items that had no end dates. My understanding is that these are given an artifical end date of 2031. By constraining these to a span of a few years, I noticed a much better response within Agendus. Similarly, I changed Treo originated items in my wife's 700p and attained a 5 second decrease. I've asked her to go back and change all her Outlook appointments with no end date to see what further gains we can achieve.

This does not address the root cause but may prevent my wife from throwing her 700p at me in frustration. I promised her it was going to be even better than her 650! Her transition from a T3 to the 650 (pre firmware release) was difficult. Just as she got content with the 650, I 'upgraded' her.....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    I also found a reduction by reducing some of the large distribution lists that come along with meeting invites (in Lotus Notes). Some of my invites has over 100 people on them. Once I got these long distribution lists eliminated, I saw an increase in speed. Makes sense about the recurring appointments - good catch!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster View Post
    Just as she got content with the 650, I 'upgraded' her.....
    YOU *******!!!

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    YOU *******!!!

SMEGGIE
    You been 'talkin to her?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    LMOA!! smeggie....ur still stewwwwwpid (snQQpy)
    ~ ScandaLous ~