Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Since Palm has released an Exchange sync update for VersaMail is it now the better choice? I have been using Chatter Email for a while now and I love it but I do have concerns about battery drain when using it. VersaMail now has an "as items arrive" option wheras on Chatter I set the time interval. I wonder which will use less power? Anyone experimented yet?
    If you have Chatter setup with push email on an IDLE IMAP account and tweak the power options, your battery drain should be pretty small. This is what I found out on my old 700p before I moved to a wx. If you have it manually polling a mailbox every x amount of minutes, its going to hurt your battery life.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    based on my VERY limited experience with the update (2 hours) it seemed to cause random resets. I was hoping it would be usable and less of a power hog than Chatter. I was using it with a personal exchange account from mail2web. It seemed like in the period I was using it, that it reset randomly when I was receiving push mails. I like the stability of the 680, so I disabled it.

YMMV.

greg
    I updated my Versamail, set it to update as received. I sent an e-mail to my work server, and the phone updated within a minute. So far, so good.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
    It's Versafail after all. Maybe they got it right, but I'll stick with what I know works-Chatter- for now. Maybe if I need PIM sync later, I'll take another look.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Well, it is nice to know there is now ONE option for push email that I wouldn't have to buy a third party program for.