Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I have 2 bluetooth headsets. But, as we all know, bluetooth on a 700p is hit or miss.

I usually use a wired headset. I like the retractable ones I find at Fry's, but I'm on my 3rd unit - and it just died. They are very cheap. And they all die eventually.

I once bought a slightly different one at Fry's. But it didn't work with the 700p. I also tried one from either a Treo 300, 600 or 650. That one wouldn't work with the 700p either.

So, my question is, why do some work and others don't? I thought they were universal.

Currently, I'm using the one that came with the 700p. But I feel like I'm breaking the law driving with an earpiece in both ears. Also, I like the ones that are retractable.

Does anyone know if the Logitech, Motorola, Sprint, ot Nokia retractable units work with the 700p?
    Last edited by agn727; 01/28/2007 at 06:28 PM. Reason: *left out the word 'driving'*
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Just curious... what kind of work do you do?
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    He is a headset tester.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    Just curious... what kind of work do you do?
    I play poker and bet sports. I'm usually on the phone when I'm driving in the car.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    This has been my favorite for years:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I guess that explains it then. I didn't think this took a degree but maybe it does. You some how found this website. Something silly tells me that all the WIRED headsets on this site would work. I also find it hard to believe any 2.5mm headset wouldn't work.

Good Luck, and avoid the obvious!

Chris
    If I could know then, what I know now.