1.    #1  
    Just encountered a new issue today I've never seen before...

My 680 was charged overnight last night, the radio was off, and I never turned it on or used it today (so the charge should have been at around 90%).

Then this evening as I was heading out I took the 680 and tried to turn it on. Nada. No phone, no palm, no screen... I connected the charger and still couldn't even get the screen to come on. A beautiful dead copper paperweight. Couldn't reset it or anything; pulling out and replacing the battery made no difference.

So after repeated attempts of letting sit without the battery for a minute and trying to replace it to reset and start it up with the charger, etc, the Treo FINALLY came back to life with only a 1% charge and the "Extremely Low Battery" warning. So I'm guessing it must have needed to build up enough of a charge to come back to life.

Does anyone have a clue as to what could have have made the battery spontaneously discharge to nothing like that? Anyone else ever see that behavior on their Treo?
    My Palm m505 crapped out on me, so I bought a new TX. The TX is one of Palm's latest and greatest, but it discharged itself dead 3 times in 2 weeks, so I took it back. Perhaps the "latest and greatest" Palm technology has issues.

I am now thinking about switching from a Treo 750 to a 680. Can't stand having no useful organizer/planner/notepad. So will this dead battery curse keep contunung then?