1.    #1  
    Has anyone had thier 680 freeze just after it's turned on or just after you end a call?

Mine's been doing this about once every three-four days here lately. I haven't added any software but it locks up requiring a soft reset.
    Hmmm..maybe you need some software! Seriously..weird...have you used teh camera patch?
  3.    #3  
    I mention that I haven't added any software lately to eliminate that as a possible source of the problem.

I actually fibbed. I did add the camera patch last week but the freezing up started before the patch.
    I had similar freezes that started three days ago. I spent time with a manager at a cingular store yesterday troubleshooting. It seems that my SIM card (2 yrs old) was outdated, and with the Cingular / AT&T work a new one was required.

All seems to be fine now, and I'm once again a happy camper.

Bruce
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    My wife's 680 is freezing daily DURING calls and I have added NO 3rd party software. I think I'll be returning it soon. She is fed up with it.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Have you tried a new SIM card like mcneilb?
    no - nothing like that at all with mine - try a hard reset - maybe a software conflict?

hmmm...if not could be a bum unit
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    She has a brand new sim card. I know it's not the card because it also does it with my sim card (and it's also a new one). It can't be software because I haven't installed any 3rd party software on her device.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I'm experiencing the same issue - I posted this yesterday on antoher thread.........

In the last coupe of days my 680 has started dropping phone calls then freezing on the "on a call" screen. I'm on the phone for maybe 10 seconds when I lose the connection with the person I'm talking to, but the phone still shows the call is in progress. When I press the red button to disconnect the call, the screen shows the "hanging up" verbiage, then freezes. No buttons will navigate away from the screen, the phone can't even be turned off when the red button is pressed, and I have to perform a soft reset and let the device power up before I can use the phone again. It seems to come and go, but I've run into this issue at least 4 or 5 times a day for the last 3 days or so. I haven't done anything different to my phone or added (or removed) any applications, and the only change I've made at all recently is the camera patch.

I'm on Cingular, and I too have a new SIM card that was supposed to be a newer version made for the 680.