Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to get the quick search on the Today screen to work if I have goodlink installed? I have a 750, and the most current version of goodlink. Goodlink is up and sync'd and I also sync'd up my contacts via activesync - and still nothing shows up in the search. I have looked through the forums - haven't been able to figure out a way.

This can't be a 'feature' - on my old 600/650 i used to be able to just start typing a name from the home screen and it would filter through contacts. Now, I have to click to get the good contacts to come up, and then start filtering through. I know it seems silly - but this is a serious impact on usability (and a step back from legacy versions)
    i got mine to work only after upgrading to 4.9.2
    I have 4.9.2 and my lookup doesn't work either. I suspect it is since I upgraded from 4.9.1 but I have no choice since my employer only pushes 4.9.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I have 4.9.2 and my lookup doesn't work either. I suspect it is since I upgraded from 4.9.1 but I have no choice since my employer only pushes 4.9.1.
    I have also upgraded to 4.9.2.2 in my Treo 750v. It works for few hours, and after an incoming call, it hanged and it no longer works again after reset.

GoodGuy,
    Any ideas on this? I too cannot figure out why this happens sometimes and other times does not. Unfortunately I have had to map a hardware button to good contacts to pull it up first and then start typing.
    Interesting. The problem here is that I am running a new version (4.9.3.17) on a Sprint 700WX and it works without fail. Let me do some digging.
    how can I download the 4.9.3.17?
    Even v4.9.3.21_EN doesn't fix the problem... I upgraded it using OTA (pushed automatically) and it works on last Sunday and yesterday... It no longer looks up my personal contacts TODAY. Incoming Calls show UNKNOWN...!!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I don't know if it's just my device, but I had a terrible time getting the Good functionality to integrate with my Cingular 750. By integration, I mean everything from searching my Good contacts on the today screen, SMS, caller ID, and even getting the E-Mail soft key to open Good E-mail, not Mobile Outlook. I found through trial and error that the GoodLink client software must be the first thing that is loaded on the device in order for it to work.

I had been running v4.9.2.30 (installed first) for a couple of months and it was working fine. When I pushed out the update to v4.9.3.21 for the DST update I lost the integration. I had to perform a hard reset and reload all of my apps - installing Good first to get the integration back.

GoodGuy, any thoughts on this?
    i did the same exact thing. this new version of good 4.9.3 is terrible too...you can clearly see how rushed it was. we are skipping it here at my company.
    i am running 4.9.3.21 and today screen lookup to GL works fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Gogh View Post
    I don't know if it's just my device, but I had a terrible time getting the Good functionality to integrate with my Cingular 750. By integration, I mean everything from searching my Good contacts on the today screen, SMS, caller ID, and even getting the E-Mail soft key to open Good E-mail, not Mobile Outlook. I found through trial and error that the GoodLink client software must be the first thing that is loaded on the device in order for it to work.

I had been running v4.9.2.30 (installed first) for a couple of months and it was working fine. When I pushed out the update to v4.9.3.21 for the DST update I lost the integration. I had to perform a hard reset and reload all of my apps - installing Good first to get the integration back.

GoodGuy, any thoughts on this?
    I too have noticed this. Good kept crashing my device. I hard reset, did a backup & loaded 4.9.3.21...so far so good. I've added my storage card programs back & SPB Pocket plus. So far it's been ok (2-days). I'm kind of afraid to load SPB weather & Phone Alarm (pocketmax) back. These were both loaded to the device. I don't want to hard re-set again if I find that one of these two conflict. I will really miss Phone Alarm....I've become dependent on it. I can't get any feedback from anyone yet if there are others running the two successfully.
    Has anyone solved this????

I had a device that worked perfectly - the good lookup all worked etc.
    Then the device died and my new device I can't get the today screen lookup to work. It is MOST inconvenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by joegadget View Post
    Is there anyway to get the quick search on the Today screen to work if I have goodlink installed? I have a 750, and the most current version of goodlink. Goodlink is up and sync'd and I also sync'd up my contacts via activesync - and still nothing shows up in the search. I have looked through the forums - haven't been able to figure out a way.

This can't be a 'feature' - on my old 600/650 i used to be able to just start typing a name from the home screen and it would filter through contacts. Now, I have to click to get the good contacts to come up, and then start filtering through. I know it seems silly - but this is a serious impact on usability (and a step back from legacy versions)
    GoodGuy: Any help you can offer on this subject would be greatly appreciated. As far as I can tell, this is the only drawback to GL w/ my Treo 750. In my opinion this is a major bug and will upset many people very soon. This is a fine release, but this bug leaves me scratching my head - how did it get past QA and how can it be fixed?
    I had this exact problem. This is how I resolved it.
    Hard Reset and say 'Yes' to delete all data
    Before setting up anything provision the device for GOOD.
    Then setup anything else on the device.

Now my today screen contact lookup works ok.
    gsouth: Great tip. I ran a hard reset and installed GL before anything else and my treo's running like a top now. Keep me posted if you end up losing lookup functionality and I will you.

Later,
    alig8or
    I'm running 4.9.3.21_EN and performing a hard reset and installing Good first does not fix the problem for me. I have tried doing this twice and my quick search does not work.

Other symptoms:

-Caller ID does not work until I answer the call. While ringing it says "unknown caller" then when I answer it populates the contact information
    -SMS history shows phone numbers only, no names
    -When I am trying to send an SMS I go to "Add recipient" and click on someones name in the Good contacts list and it returns me to the SMS screen without adding their name. The only way I can SMS is to go into the contact list first then click "Contact" then choose "Compose SMS"

I've had the device since Friday and I must say I am hugely disappointed with the integration between Good, WM5 and the Treo 750w.
  18. WDW
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Interesting. The problem here is that I am running a new version (4.9.3.17) on a Sprint 700WX and it works without fail. Let me do some digging.
    Still digging? I was forced to do a reprovsion by my IT team to 4.9.3.21_EN (more recent than GoodGuy's). And it has hosed the search function on mine as well. Not to mention all of the other things it screwed up during the load (shortcuts, customizations, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by gsouth View Post
    I had this exact problem. This is how I resolved it.
    Hard Reset and say 'Yes' to delete all data
    Before setting up anything provision the device for GOOD...
    I am sooo tired of all the hoops that Good puts us through. For the prices that my company pays you would think that they might put some more effort into this. And the problem with all of their bugs is that they have to put out frequent fixes/patches/updates. And supposedly if we want things to work right we have to hard reset every time and load Good first or else? Unacceptable. I feel like my device is being held hostage.

GoodGuy, do we have to wait months till 5.0 to get these fixed? Are they even slated to get fixed? Do you guys test your software before launching it?

Yikes, you got me all hot under the collar
    Last edited by WDW; 07/03/2007 at 03:43 PM.
  19. WDW
    Anyone at Good looking into this? I never realized how much I used this feature until Good broke it. Why isn't Good scrambling to fix this? From reading other threads apparently this issue has been out there for months.

Good??
    What version are you currently running?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast