Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I recently upgraded to an unlimited data plan (w/ Verizon) and I have not noticed an increase of speed versus when I was using my minutes. Were my expectation wrong...does an unlimited data plan just allow you to have access whenever you want it and it doesn't provide a faster speed? Could it be my location (Norfolk, VA)? Could it be a setting within my phone (Treo 650)? IF anyone has any suggestion or thoughts, please advise. Thanks!
    Location.

EVDO (Fast) or 1x (slower) are the two data options on Verizon depending on where you are. Faster on always used if available. No speed diff between limited and unlimited, just amount of data.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    How can I find out if I have EVDO or 1x?
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/C...type=PAN-NORTH

Also, look to see what icon is displayed on your phone app. If you are in an EVDO area, it will show a green EV. If not, it will be a green 1X.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Which option do I select?
    There's no option to select. If you're in a major city area you might have access to EVDO. If you're away from an EVDO area then you'll have 1x. As noted these show at top of screen next to signal strength.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    When I connect, I don't see either...WTF?
    When you go to your phone app, you will see a line of icons at the top of the screen. From the top right hand corner, they will be as follows:
    Battery
    Signal Strength
    Bluetooth Status
    GPS Status
    Data Speed.

The icons can all be found here for Verizon. Sprint icons I believe are linked to another page.

If you don't have the data icon, then your phone is not connected to the network.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Uhh.. if I'm not mistaken, the Treo 650 is not an EVDO phone.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    That explains a lot...thanks!
    That's right...I have a 650 and it says 1x and my friend just got a 700 and hers says EVDO