1. CT3
    I used to be able to stream entourage on my 700p from laptop using orb. Now when i click play on my treo on orb it it just downloads a dialog.html file to my phone and doesnt play. anyone know how to fix this?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Are your orb settings set to stream in a format your treo can read?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Same here, everything else works fine. Ben
    Same issue here...
  5. CT3
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Are your orb settings set to stream in a format your treo can read?
    how do you do that
    I checked my settings after yesterday's post and noted there is nothing that can be changed on either end. As a result, Orb is now gone from my laptop.

Ben
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Same issue here as well
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I found the same thing yesterday after hard resetting my device (don't try the latest Butler beta...). The simple fix was to set my speed at the bottom of the gui - I'm in EVDO country, so 256k works damn well for video. Hope this helps!
    mtrimmer, that solved that problem for me. But I'm a new Orb user (just bought Kinoma 4 a couple of days ago and just installed Orb this morning) and my first experience with streaming video was poor at best. I was testing it out at home (where, after our recent move, I'm now fortunate to have a very strong signal inside our new house) but the quality was awful when I used a lower speed (selectable at the bottom of the Orb webpage I was accessing via Blazer) and the framerates were awful when I selected the highest speed.

What are all of the magic settings for getting both good PQ and high framerates?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R View Post
    mtrimmer, that solved that problem for me. But I'm a new Orb user (just bought Kinoma 4 a couple of days ago and just installed Orb this morning) and my first experience with streaming video was poor at best. I was testing it out at home (where, after our recent move, I'm now fortunate to have a very strong signal inside our new house) but the quality was awful when I used a lower speed (selectable at the bottom of the Orb webpage I was accessing via Blazer) and the framerates were awful when I selected the highest speed.

What are all of the magic settings for getting both good PQ and high framerates?
    WMV 230kbps.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    also, a fast cpu on the computer is a huge help as downrezzing and sometimes format converting on the fly kills the cpu
    Sprint 700p
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I had that similar problem, I was able to root-cause it as a computer (laptop) problem. Orb requires a lot of processing power to re-encode the videos and media files, so a good CPU is what they recommend. I found out that a 1.6GHZ Pentium-M just doesn't cut it.

Make sure also to install all recommended audio codecs. You can get the full list of codecs directly from Orb.

On the Phone side, however, there are things you can do to help. First you need to cap the data speeds. When login into your orb account through the phone, in the options there's the one where you can limit the download speeds. Different people suggest different speeds, but roughly 200-250kbps is a good start. Also, on the video settings, select 3GP as the preferred video format, for audio is AAC.

BTW, one Treocentral member (drei22) is a well-known Scholar in the Orb matters, I am sure that if he reads your post and leaves comments, better listen to what he says, for he knows his Orb...