Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me where this info is stored and how to restore it after a hard reset. Is it in the Saved Prefs file? Unsaved Prefs? PsysLaunchDB?

Thanks!
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
    It is all (or at least a majority of settings are) in the saved preferences DB. If you use a utility like SysTool (or Resco Explorer...) you can view these settings (if you are patient) though you may not be able to make any sense of it, unless it is text data.
    The saved preferences file - though frankly you should have a device based backup utility installed and have it enabled to backup on a routine basis. Ben
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Actually, I do have a device-based backup utility and I backup all the time. Sometimes, however, if my device becomes bloated or corrupted, I prefer to do a hard reset and restore the apps one-by-one. I could easily restore the saved preferences file or the psysLaunchDB file, but I wouldn't want to reintroduce a corrupted or bloated file to my squeaky clean new configuration. This is why I was wondering where specific data, such as owner info was stored - if it was in its own file, or part of one of the others, I could make a decision whether or not to reinstall a particular prefs file.

Thanks for the help!
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
    You should consider an installation monitoring application - Uninstall Monitor by Northglide - http://northglide.com/um.html and Destaller by Rogame - http://www.rogame.com/pages/Destaller.html will go a long way from the desire to do a hard reset and install one-by-one. I use Uninstall Monitor.

Cleanup, also from Northglide along with Uninstall Monitor make a great tag team. Northglide's Neatfreak pack might be what you need. A hard reset just for the heck of it is not really productive.

Ben
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Use NV Backup.