Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Are there any programs that log or identify which apps are transmitting/recieving data?

My VZW 700p transmits data frequently. I have several apps that update data at predicted times/intervals, yet I find that this happens even when I don't expect it. I have unlimited data, and EVDO, so this is only a problem when I am in a 1xRTT area, which is pretty often. At these times, incoming voice is diverted to voicemail, and is a hassle. I would love to be able to identify the apps 'at fault' here, and disable them when it is critical that I be available for voice.

I have searched on this topic for some time, and have not found any real answers. Thanks!
    Bill
    Where are you at? You mention you have EV-DO but are in a 1xRTT area pretty often? EV-DO and voice are completely seperate I am told, and they recently updated the 1xRTT to pause when an incoming call comes in.
    Not really, posting a list will get a bunch of responses though. Ben
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    gadgetmann,
    I live in vermont, and we have very limited evdo coverage. I get a 1x signal 30% of the time, and the intermittant unpredictable data access really messes up my phone availability (very important to me). I wish there was a way to disable data or to at least find out the offending apps. Any developers out there want to write such a utility?