1.    #1  
    Is there a program out there that would make all of my alerts and ring volume the same level, by using the volume rocker on the side? I'd like to be able to set volume to say, level 2, and have all of the sounds coming out of my phone that low, and if I rock it up to the highest level, I'd want all of the sounds to be at that level (sounds such as missed call alerts, incoming text messages etc ...)

I use Butler & see that there is a place under Att Mgr there is a place to set volume to "System Alarm Volume" but I don't think that is what I want?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Gosh, I am surprised no one has answered this. GoTreoSoftware has an application called VolumeCare Pro that does a bit of what you are wanting - http://gotreosoftware.com/products/VolumeCarePro/.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Ben. I do have VolumeCare, but maybe the "pro" version has some more customization abilities. I'll check it out.
    Hmm I think this might explain something that has been annoying the hell out of me.

I ran a trial of VolumeCare, and didn't end up buying due to "budget restrictions". After my trial ended, I deleted it but earmarked it for later. It also really annoys me to buy a third party program to make a $500 product usable. But that's a separate issue.

I ended up having to do a hard reset, and afterwards I noticed the volume rocker didn't control everything the way I SWORE it had done previously! It seemed that when I turned the ringer down, alerts also went down.

I wonder if even after deleting VolumeCare, it had some residual volume effects that stayed until I hard reset.

Maybe it's time to buy it!
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepikefl View Post
    Hmm I think this might explain something that has been annoying the hell out of me.

I ran a trial of VolumeCare, and didn't end up buying due to "budget restrictions". After my trial ended, I deleted it but earmarked it for later. It also really annoys me to buy a third party program to make a $500 product usable. But that's a separate issue.

I ended up having to do a hard reset, and afterwards I noticed the volume rocker didn't control everything the way I SWORE it had done previously! It seemed that when I turned the ringer down, alerts also went down.

I wonder if even after deleting VolumeCare, it had some residual volume effects that stayed until I hard reset.

Maybe it's time to buy it!
    VolumeCare is a great application and it will be getting even better soon. As for lingering effects, there are none after you disable the product. This application is 100% user level code so after it has been turned off and you have performed a "soft" reset, you are back to the stock Treo volume characteristics. I would make it very well known if I made any perminant changes to a Treo's behavior.

I hope you do decide to purcahse the program! GoTreo strives to not only produce the highest quality products but we make every effort to absolutely over deliver in customer support.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    As for lingering effects, there are none after you disable the product. This application is 100% user level code so after it has been turned off and you have performed a "soft" reset, you are back to the stock Treo volume characteristics. I would make it very well known if I made any perminant changes to a Treo's behavior.
    Now I'm wondering if I just had a really good 'uptime' on my Treo and hadn't soft reset. All I know is that now if I'm some place quiet and turn the ringer down, my email alert can scare the hell out of me (and embarrass me) or if I'm in a loud place and turn the ringer up I may not hear my email alert.

To be clear, I certainly wasn't complaining

I really miss that feature. I really am considering buying the product but I guess I should have mentioned that in addition to budget restrictions I obviously have memory restrictions on my Treo. That's the main reason why needing the third party "hacks" to make this expensive thing work annoys me- I have to use up more of my limited space. Obviously nothing against you or other developers- kudos for filling the niches! But sometimes Palm lacks "duh" features, or removes features in newer products that were great in older products.

Ok, enough ranting.
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum