1.    #1  
    I've been syncing my 700P with Outlook since I got it. No significant problems until today. A few minutes ago, I tried to sync and got a "Calendar Sync failed" error. So I hit the hotsync button on the cradle a second time. This time it synced, but it also duplicated (almost) every event in my calendar for the last couple of months, and going forward. (Stangely, it didn't duplicate EVERY event, just most of them.)

Thankfully, it didn't duplicate adress book or any other entries.

Is there a relatively simple way to eliminate all these dups, so I don't have to go in and delete hundreds of entries manually>

Many thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Search for a program called UnDupe at www.stevenscreek.com
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    In Outlook calendar, create a list view that includes the "Date Modified" field. Then sort by "Date Modified". You'll be able to select all the duplicated events - they'll all have the same date modified - at one time and delete them.
    That is a good tip about sorting on date modified.

I've used a free program called Outlook Duplicates Remover Version 5.0

It was written by a monk (I think). The web site in the readme file is http://www.hlyspirit.org.uk/outlook.php

It is slow if you have a lot of entries...takes each record one by one and rund through the entire list. When I need it I usually let it run overnight (I think it takes about 6 hours to dedupe my 3000 calendar entries).
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Outlook duplicate remover is definately the way to go. Works great and its free. Here is the correct link for it...its a little hard to find.

http://www.slipstick.com/files/ODR5.EXE
    Once you install this, how do you use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124 View Post
    In Outlook calendar, create a list view that includes the "Date Modified" field. Then sort by "Date Modified". You'll be able to select all the duplicated events - they'll all have the same date modified - at one time and delete them.
    +1 This is fast and simple.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford