Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Link

Benefits:
    • Phone conversation recording (automatic or manual)
    • Phone call logger with ability to share call log as CSV file
    • Enable/disable 'beep' sound when recording
    • Voice memo recording
    • Turn your Treo into a SD card reader
    • Transfer recordings from Treo to Windows or Mac desktop
    • One-button recording
    • Send recordings as a e-mail attach directly from mVoice
    • Append existing recordings
    • Record directly to SD card
    • Record in the background while using another application
    • Turn your recordings into system alarms
    • Advanced suppressing noise filter
    • Compress your recordings and save storage space
    • Sounds are recorded in audio format compatible with most platforms and operating systems
    • Unlimited recording (the only limit is the SD card memory)
    • Play recordings
    • Intuitive and easy to use UI
    • Optimized for Treo 700p / 680 / 650
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Wow ! Nice update. I've been holding off loading it on my 680 so I could check out the stock recorder (which aint bad) But guess its time to check er out ,loader up , beamer down , Rawhide!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    hmmmm...
    I installed via the 'search for update' funtion from the application. When I tried to search the settings I got a soft reset. I tried open the settings function again when the soft reset was over and it happened again.

I tried again by deleting all mvoice files, soft resetting, and installing directly via a pc. After the install was complete I opened up the program and I was able to get to the settings function. When I continued on to the 'recording quality' menu, I got another soft reset. It repeated after I tried to open it after the reset was over.

I ended up restoring the 5.0.1 version via backupman and the resets stopped and the program works like before.

What am I doing wrong with this update?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Wachie, sorry can't help other than say to try another clean install.

I installed the update over 5.0.1 from my PC and it works beautifully. No resets here.

Automatic recording is the one essential feature that now makes this business useful for me. The call log designation is another improvement.

I think there is better recorded audio quality too.

Thanks MotionApps!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I installed the update "over the air" and got the soft reset but then everything was fine with the program as I started using it.

I did note in the online FAQs, however, that this reset issue is known and that they suggest you erase the prior version before installing the update if this problem has occurred. (Which is sort of hard to do --- since by the time you are looking at the FAQs -- you have already tried to over install and failed. I guess, at that point, you delete -- and install the new version fresh.)
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I was at work today and had some free time and decided to try the ota upgrade again. This time it worked great. Weird experience with that first try and kind of annoying. Thanks for the help.
    This update doen't seem to work completely. I can't listen to the recordings through the phone speaker like I used to. This was great for privately listening to recording. The icons are there to change the speaker but they don't do anything. No option in settings either. Am I missing something?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it in the manual. I forgot you have to acutally type the letter of the speaker you want to use. The icons do nothing.
    Last edited by scsanden; 01/30/2007 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Found Answer
    I almost installed this new version, until I read some of these posts. So do most people like the update, or is it not worth it? I'm still using version 4.5. Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I almost installed this new version, until I read some of these posts. So do most people like the update, or is it not worth it? I'm still using version 4.5. Thanks, Casey.
    To be honest it's not going to change your life 4.5 is a good version and a lot more trouble free and user friendly .
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    The previous version worked great and if you are worried about upgrading there is no need to. BUT---
    Personally I am very happy with the automatic logging of calls and that alone makes the upgrade worth it for me.
    It worked fine on my Treo 650 (no soft resets, no glitches...)
    I decided to upgrade from 4.5v mostly because of the automatic phone conversation recording, which I must say works fine.
    Also, the Motionapps staff were quite friendly (I ended up getting a free upgrade!!! )

Bruno
    Mvoice has another release today everything is much smother and faster !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    i'm still waiting for a recording app with native mp3 encoding included, this to me would be very useful--anyone know of a voice recording app for the palm os that can do this already? ppc platform has a few already.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503