Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    from my local Sprint store when the audio jack on my Sprint 650 (bought for $99 in 6-06) died of a self inflicted wound. I was happy but surprised that they gave me a new 700p. Even more so that my 650 accessories work with the 700p. I was a bit of a pain reinstalling my third party apps, but worth it I hope.

Gott'a love a deal!

I guess this is a new 700p, because it says "access powered" on the back.

Guess I'll lurk here instead of the 650 forum from now on.

Mark
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    All 700p units come with 'Access Powered' in the back so it's not proof that you've got a brand new unit. But it's still a good deal regardless if it's a refurb or new IMO. Congrats in moving to the 700p world - and watch out for unexpected minuses such as you'll find your music skipping... and... okay I'm not going to spoil your excitement and hope you do enjoy the power of a converged device with EVDO coverage!
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Type ##RTN# on the phone keypad and then scroll down. You will see reconditioned status. If it says yes you got a refurb. Should even give you the warranty date on the first page.
    I just got a new one 3-4 weeks ago and it had the sprint logo on the back cover, my first one did not. I did the command above just to make sure it was and new one because I requested it and it was.
    are the letters rtn the keys for 786
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    All 700p units come with 'Access Powered' in the back so it's not proof that you've got a brand new unit. But it's still a good deal regardless if it's a refurb or new IMO. Congrats in moving to the 700p world - and watch out for unexpected minuses such as you'll find your music skipping... and... okay I'm not going to spoil your excitement and hope you do enjoy the power of a converged device with EVDO coverage!
    I too was upgraded to a 700P when my 650 died an unnatural (very hot) death! I have a few MP3 that skip, other ones work fine, so I guess thats just normal? Also, is there a complete list of what 3rd party software works and doesnt work with the 700P..I installed a number of old 650 programs, and my new treo crashed, Ive deleted all 3rd party apps and am installing one by one, but this is a waste of time.... thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjgroeger View Post
    are the letters rtn the keys for 786
    yes and no

. . . . rtn on the keyboard would equal a 2, a 3 and a ? mark

. . . . rtn on the screen dial pad does equal the numbers 786 . . . . .

##786# gets you the screen which lists the reconditioned status at the bottom. . . .
    as long as I am asking goofy questions, does anyone know why when I log into Yahoo messenger mobile, every time I move from screen to screen, it keeps saying i need to resign in, eg, it keeps signing me out??
    I guess I am missing something. I enter ##786# and get a message that the call can not be completed.
    I guess I am missing something. I enter ##786# and get a message that the call can not be completed.
    Don't know if this applies to you, but Verizon users have a different prefix/suffix for the code. I forget, but a quick search will reveal all.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    This works on a Sprint 700P . . . . as indicated above, if you have a Verizon 700P --the code may be different. . . .

EDIT: Another thread said #*#786# for Verizon . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/29/2007 at 08:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    states that it's;

Warranty date:12-09-2006
    Software rev:treo700p-1.08-spnt
    Hardware rev:a
    Reconditioned status:no

Thanks for the tips. So far so good. I did notice the skipping problem while multitasking with pTunes. Other than that I'm pretty happy.
    I reinstalled the Zoti short antenna from my 650 and just need my incoming egrips to get me complete.

Thanks again,
    Mark