Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    Any chance we can benefit from the Direct Push announcement from today (http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1071-1.htm) via a custom ROM ?
    That announcement is what got me to log on tonight. I'm anxious to here. They say it's for 680 & 700p users. What about us?
    It requires Versamail 3.5, which can be purchased separately.

Will that (plus this update) be enough? I don't know...

Their web site ( http://www.palm.com/us/software/eas_update/ )says:

Requirements
    Server:
    • MSŪ Exchange Server 2003 with Service Pack 2
    OR
    • Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

Smartphone:
    • Treo 6802 or 700p smartphone

Software:
    • VersaMail 3.5
    (included with Treo 680 & 700p smartphones)

No mention of Treo 650.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4. gw1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Just tried to install it on a 650 - "Exchange Activesync is not supported on this device"

I do have Versamail 3.5.

Maybe it's a difference in the net libraries, or maybe Palm just locked it out so people have some real reason to upgrade to the 680. Perhaps someone will hack it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1 View Post
    Just tried to install it on a 650 - "Exchange Activesync is not supported on this device"

I do have Versamail 3.5.

Maybe it's a difference in the net libraries, or maybe Palm just locked it out so people have some real reason to upgrade to the 680. Perhaps someone will hack it to work.
    I did the same thing on my unlocked 650. Same result. I solved this problem by ordering up a 700wx on sprint.com/sero.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I, too was disappointed that the Direct Push / Exchange ActiveSync feature was not released for the 650.

It looks for now as if the only option for 650 users is to switch from VersaMail to ChatterEmail, which supports direct push using both Exchange ActiveSync and also (I believe) the capabilities of standard IMAP servers.

http://www.chatteremail.com
    Chattermail solves all your problems. I have a personal email and a work (exchange) email. I have both set as IMAP in Chatter and I get them both "up to the minute" flawlessly.
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
    Another vote for Chatteremail - it's what versamail shoulda been. It supports Exchange and IMAP push email, even over SSL.
    Sadly, it seems that Chatter Mail no longer supports Microsoft Exchange accounts. :-(

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can receive direct push email to my Treo 650 through a Microsoft Exchange account?

Thanks!

Steve
    Hey again! Sorry to bump this, but I desperately need to sort out some direct push email on my 650. Even if it's no longer possible, that would be valuable to know.

If anyone can chime in here, I'll be very appreciative.

Thanks!

Steve