Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I bought my Treo 600 used a little over a year ago. I have installed and uninstalled many apps and things are kinda slow. On a WinXP PC I would just format and start fresh and I want to do that with the Treo 600 but have no idea how to. Can anyone help me?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    70 views and no one knows.
    Hard reset--hold the power button in while pressing the reset button (in the hole in the back)--keep the power button held down until the Palm logo appears. You should then see "Erase all data?" and instructions for what to do for yes/no.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise View Post
    Hard reset--hold the power button in while pressing the reset button (in the hole in the back)--keep the power button held down until the Palm logo appears. You should then see "Erase all data?" and instructions for what to do for yes/no.
    This doesn't work. It only erases personal data, not the programs installed.
    A hard reset will restore it to factory default. Everything will be deleted then a fresh image from ROM will be restored. You will have basic functionality and programs. Hope this makes it clear.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Don't forget to backup first...