1.    #1  
    My girlfriend uses Sprint and is thinking of getting the 700p because she likes my 680 but doesn't want to change to Cingular. I remember reading that there are some bugs in the 700p. I see the long sticky thread at the top of this forum, but without reading hundreds of posts, I was hoping someone could just post a quick summary of the problems that still exist and have not yet been fixed.

I remember reading something about text messaging. She uses text messaging a lot (over 1000 per month), so will this be an issue for her?
    For me:
    Battery sucks
    Lag when switching between apps.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    For me:
    Battery sucks
    Lag when switching between apps.
    Good Luck
    Is the battery significantly worse than the 650? The 650 has some of the best battery life of any cell phone I've owned, but then I don't talk on it too much.

I get lag when switching between apps too but I'm guessing that's because my 650's memory is about full.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
    My girlfriend uses Sprint and is thinking of getting the 700p because she likes my 680 but doesn't want to change to Cingular. I remember reading that there are some bugs in the 700p. I see the long sticky thread at the top of this forum, but without reading hundreds of posts, I was hoping someone could just post a quick summary of the problems that still exist and have not yet been fixed.

I remember reading something about text messaging. She uses text messaging a lot (over 1000 per month), so will this be an issue for her?
    I've been looking into upgrading to the 700p and the text messaging issue seems to be a Verizon issue-- from what I've gathered, Sprint users don't have the same problem with text messaging.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Battery should not be an issue, I recommend getting the extended battery.

Texting like mentioned earlier is a Verizon thing I experience no problems with my sprint network.

The lag seems to vary with people, PERSONALLY, I believe it has somn to do with 3rd party apps. I have little to no lag time since the blazer update, I go in and out of appz with ease. I dont have many 3rd party appz all I have are google maps, kinoma 4ex, volume care pro.
    Device is generally slow compared to 650.
    Bluetooth is questionable...
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Is the battery significantly worse than the 650? The 650 has some of the best battery life of any cell phone I've owned, but then I don't talk on it too much.

I get lag when switching between apps too but I'm guessing that's because my 650's memory is about full.
    Can't comment on the battery life compared to a 650 since I didn't own a 650. But ,as was pointed out above in another post, if you buy (more $'s) an extended battery you may not have this issue.

But the stock battery or power management is worthless IMO.

BTW: Sprint 700p has not had any updates, including Blazer, and the SMS issues (from what I understand) was/is with another carrier's issue-not Sprint.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys. I guess I'll tell her to go ahead and get it. IMO a little lag is not a "bug" but just a slower device. As long as everything works it will be fine.