Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    has anyone got there check from palm? if you have, did they give you the run around to recieve it?
    I got an email confirmation from them that they received my device on 12/29... but nothing more since. I emailed on Thursday for an update on the evaluation of the returned device, even though I know it will take up to six weeks for the check. No word as yet from them...
  3.    #3  
    That is the reason that i posted. I also followed up with an email and gotton no word back. I just want to make sure that they follow through with the agreement. This is my first time participating in a trade-in.
    BTW... I did get a response from them this morning that they are going to look into my inquiry. It's not a canned reply, so there is evidence that warm bodies are there and responding. I'll reply again once I get an informative reply from them.
    I received a final follow-up just this morning. They confirm that my claim complete date was 1/20, with no discrepancies (so I will receive full value). I should receive payment within 60 days of that date. If you haven't heard from them, I suggest you reply to the notification email you receive. If you haven't gotten that, then email them at palmcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com and be sure to reference your claim number -- which you should have from when you registered for the trade-in.
    I too returned my T650 to them for trade-in.

I am still waiting and have heard nothing except that they received the sent unit.

Anybody know what they are doing with these ? What is the business? They have two flipping months to pay and they should be able to turn around the received units with 30 days, easily. Are they selling parts or selling phones and if they are selling phones, to whom ?
    They refurbish and sell them, yes. I'm not sure through which channels though. Frankly, when I get to the point that I'm boxing it up and sending it to them I don't care as much about what happens to it and moreso about what I'm supposed to get from them.

Based upon my inquiry on my claim, I believe that once you get the notification they have received it (mine came on 12/29) they take about 30 days to process it (mine finished on 1/20). Should there have been no issues with the device that affect it's value, you should receive payment within 60 days of the "end of claim" date. In my particular case, that winds up being about 3 months after they said they received the shipment.

But the only way to know the status of your particular claim is to send them an email. They don't apparently auto-notify after they receive the shipment. So if you do nothing, the next time you hear from them will be getting the check.
    On 2/6 I got this response from Palm to my request about the status of my rebate:

Thank you for participating in the Palm Trade-In Program.

Powertrade, LLC will mail your check approximately 60 days after receipt and inspection of the trade-in device, and receipt of your new PalmŪ device invoice. This is considered the claim complete date. Your claim was completed on 12/21/2007.

If you have any additional questions, please contact us.

Palm Trade-In Customer Service

Yesterday, I asked again and got this "non-answer":

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we researched your inquiry.

Powertrade has received everything necessary to complete your claim. Your check should be issued soon.

I think this is absurd. It's bad enough that we have to wait 60+ days for the rebate, but they can't even give good information. I realize that Palm has outsourced the rebate processing, but I still think that this is unacceptable.

Has anyone received their rebates?
    Dennis G. Esler
    I haven't received my rebate as well. Has *anyone* received their rebate? Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinebubble View Post
    I haven't received my rebate as well. Has *anyone* received their rebate? Anyone?
    I haven't received mine either. It is now 68 days past the email that they had accepted my device and value and told me that I will receive my check within 60 days.
    I will contact them later today after alert them that they are now in breach of the contractual agreement that was part of the purchase of the 680 through Palm. This to me is now a legal issue. It has really been a total of about 90 days since they received the unit in their hands. They are playing games.
    I have not recieved mine yet. But if you check my last posting, I remarked that I found my "accept" date was 1/20. Payment is promised within 60 days of *that date* -- note, NOT the date they received it or that you sent it. So, I don't expect to receive anything from them 'til close to the end of April. And I'm betting they're like most businesses when it comes to paying... they'll wait 'til the last possible moment.
    I contacted Palm Trade in customer service yesterday. Received a replay stating that all they have in their system is that my unit was received at the warehouse. They can not tell me when i will receive my check and I should contact PowerTrade Inc directly to find out. Palm Trade in is contracted by PowerTrade Inc to be the customer service. This is who had sent me the email telling me my trade in was accepted on 1/3/07. So, why can they only tell me that my "unit" was received at the warehouse when it is clear that they know PowerTrade has inspected and accepted my trade in. They work for PowerTrade they and are the customer service, they should be able to find out much more info.
    I looked up PowerTrade. They resell on Ebay. My guess is that these units have been sold already. Really sounds like a legal issue at this point. Maybe edging on fraud.
    I e-mailed them back on the 9th of February, two months after I initially send in my 650, and was told my my claim had just been completed on February 4th. So apparently they have two months after THAT date to send a check? Four months from beginning to end does seem a lot longer than it should take for something like this, especially since they were less than clear about this up front.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascl View Post
    I e-mailed them back on the 9th of February, two months after I initially send in my 650, and was told my my claim had just been completed on February 4th. So apparently they have two months after THAT date to send a check? Four months from beginning to end does seem a lot longer than it should take for something like this, especially since they were less than clear about this up front.
    Yeah, it sounds like you're understanding properly. In my experience, they seem reasonably responsive by email... but phone inquiries seem to get nowhere.

I agree that the time to completion seems lengthy, but I think that tends to be the case to some degree with any type of mail-in rebate.
    I emailed them and received this response.

"Thank you for participating in the Palm Trade-In Program.
    According to our database, we have received your trade-in device, but we have not received a copy of the invoice for your new Palm device. Please fax this to 770-925-9064, being sure to reference your trade-in quote number.
    palmcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com
    http://palm.tradeups.com

What is odd about this is that I *did* include my invoice with the 650. I know that for a fact. I also find it odd that they never told me this "missing" invoice until I emailed them last week. I know they have my email as the transaction was done over email. So, I will fax them their "missing" invoice, but this whole thing is already looking pretty suspicious..
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I got 2 checks. (I traded in an old tungsten c and a treo 650). It took about the 60 days they specified. I had some questions along the way and always got a quick, coherent, helpful response.

All rebates are slow, plus throw in the fact that they probably have some inspection checklist to follow and it doesn't seem too bad.
    1 post & on this subject? Maybe he's Palm Trade-ins, trying to keep you happy?
    Last edited by johncc; 03/27/2007 at 05:43 PM.
    Ahh, ANOTHER conspiracy theorist...
    Quote Originally Posted by sinebubble View Post
    What is odd about this is that I *did* include my invoice with the 650. I know that for a fact. I also find it odd that they never told me this "missing" invoice until I emailed them last week. I know they have my email as the transaction was done over email. So, I will fax them their "missing" invoice, but this whole thing is already looking pretty suspicious..
    Oh, I didn't take any chances with mine. I took close-up pictures of the device from all angles... box contents, even the invoice I included (with enough detail to read in the picture). And THEN I printed contact sheets of those photos and included them in the box, so that they KNEW I had photographic evidence of what was inside the shipment with a small note to that effect. Maybe it wouldn't stand up in court, but I wanted to reduce the chance they'd claim something was missing or not in the indicated condition.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast