Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sinebubble View Post
    I emailed them and received this response.

"Thank you for participating in the Palm Trade-In Program.
    According to our database, we have received your trade-in device, but we have not received a copy of the invoice for your new Palm device. Please fax this to 770-925-9064, being sure to reference your trade-in quote number.
    If you have any additional questions, please contact us.
    Palm Trade-In Customer Service
    palmcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com
    http://palm.tradeups.com

What is odd about this is that I *did* include my invoice with the 650. I know that for a fact. I also find it odd that they never told me this "missing" invoice until I emailed them last week. I know they have my email as the transaction was done over email. So, I will fax them their "missing" invoice, but this whole thing is already looking pretty suspicious..
    They did the same thing to me but never told me until I asked what was happening with my claim. I faxed the invoice to them. The original was taped to the box so in order for them to open and inspect they had to remove the paperwork.
    I did some searching on the web about these guys and found many complaints about how PowerTrade operates. Even some claims to the Attorney General of Georgia.
    I also found an email of a guy who claims to be the CEO of PowerTrade. His address is probinson@powertradeus.com and name is Paul Robinson. I have sent a few emails to him already.
    Think I will file a claim with Georgia and the BBB.
    I sent my 750 on 12/15/2006 - it was purchased from the palm site and the invoice was included. Have not heard boo yet. I was reminded of this open issue just the other day and was shocked to read these posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    I sent my 750 on 12/15/2006 - it was purchased from the palm site and the invoice was included. Have not heard boo yet. I was reminded of this open issue just the other day and was shocked to read these posts!
    Check this page out for PowerTrade Inc. Certainly not a reputable company. Palm needs to deal with this now. ARE YOU LISTENING PALM??
    http://www.contraversion.com/2006/01...-4th-party.php
    And here's some contact info. I think we all should flood them with phone calls.

Contact PowerTrade

Corporate Headquarters
    5182 Brook Hollow Parkway
    Suite E
    Norcross, Georgia 30071

Tel 678-990-5253
    Fax 678-990-5996
    After two emails to Paul Robinson I got this reply:

"I will make sure your rebate check is processed today and mailed on Monday…Paul"

We'll see......
    Dennis G. Esler
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075 View Post
    After two emails to Paul Robinson I got this reply:

"I will make sure your rebate check is processed today and mailed on Monday…Paul"

We'll see......
    Maybe because you are in Georgia where he is located. Easy law suite for you. I still haven't heard back after 4 emails.
    My experience seems very similar. Palm acknowledged receipt of my 650 on 14-Dec-2006. Two months later I e-mailed them to ask about my rebate. The next day they claimed that my invoice had not been received. I am sure that I included it and now even more suspicious of that claim. I faxed it the next day (14-Feb-2006) and have heard nothing at all since then. No rebate check either, of course.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    i'm glad that i decided to keep my treo 650.
    i'm NOT addicted to palm devices. can you give me my treo now?
    I am writing to get updates on payments. I received an email from paul r. indicating that my check would be sent out 3/22 (tomorrow as of the time of this posting)

The fear here is that marketvelocity will run out of money before everybody gets paid because the company was using the revenue for their expenses instead of paying the trade-in claims.

Is anybody local able to share with us information about the company such as how many employees are there working at MV and what kind of office do they have ?

Is there a receptionist at MV ?

Are they known locally at all ? Are they affiliated with any other local businesses, such as a cellular store?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    I got my check today.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    I am writing to get updates on payments. I received an email from paul r. indicating that my check would be sent out 3/22 (tomorrow as of the time of this posting)

The fear here is that marketvelocity will run out of money before everybody gets paid because the company was using the revenue for their expenses instead of paying the trade-in claims.

Is anybody local able to share with us information about the company such as how many employees are there working at MV and what kind of office do they have ?

Is there a receptionist at MV ?

Are they known locally at all ? Are they affiliated with any other local businesses, such as a cellular store?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I have worked for two large companies that have used MV for trade-ins. All of the problems I am seeing on this thread were the same issues I saw over the 4 years I dealt with MV. Rebates usually took about 4 months. I can say that they are a stable company and I would not expect them to go belly up anytime soon. Most fortune 500 companies doing any type of trade program use MV. Most people never find out MV is behind the scenes. For example when you go to palm's page to do the trade you are really landing on MV web site that has been customized to look like Palms site. Usually one person at palm will receive a monthly report showing trades in and rebates sent out. Hope this helps.
    PalmIII>PalmIIIxe>Palm TungstenT>Treo650>Treo680
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I sent in a Treo 650 and an HP Jornada in December. In late January I got the trade-in completed letter that said I'd receive my check 60 days from then. So, I have roughly a week to go... if I haven't received the check by April 1st, I am going to start calling the President and Executive officer of PowerTrade... every day.... at his house! I will post his info here. I urge everyone to do the same, you'd be surprised how fast things move when the president of a company is getting 500 phone calls a night from disgruntled customers!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Has anyone gotten their check??
    I have been going back and forth with Paul Robinson the "CEO" of PowerTrade Inc and he has made several promises and none have been kept.
    I am planning a legal action. Anyone want in when I do this? I want as many as I can so it really costs this guy his company after all of the lies. What a scam.
    I've not yet received mine, but I can't say I'm worried about it just yet. After all, my confirmation that the transaction was completed on their end was 1/21 (IIRC) and it said it could be another 60 days after that before I saw my check. Expecting that such companies are loathe to release money early, I basically presume it will be a close to 60 days as they can manage to get it. So... I might get a little worried once it gets past the first week of April. So, I'm close... but not there just yet.
    Please check out the thread here. I am going after these guys big time.
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,48578.0.html
    My trade was "approved" on 12/21.

After more status emails than I can count, 2 emails to Palm's VP of marketing, 4 emails to Powertrade's CEO, Paul Robinson, and 3 or 4 phone conversations with Palm's consumer relations people, I finally got my check yesterday. (Almost 2 weeks after Powertrade told me it was mailed.)

The folks at Palm seem to agree that they have a partner (Powertrade) that is, let's say, questionable. Palm was eager to help.

I hope Palm is more selective about who they partner up with in the future.

Regards.
    Dennis G. Esler
    Interesting. Well, I rechecked my own order and saw that my completion date was reported by them as 1/20. So I guess I am officially past 60 days since the check should have come. So I've replied to them with their own email, reminding them of the expiration, and asking about the status of the check and/or ETA. Do you have a list of email addresses I should cc on my next message, should I need to further follow-up?
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Interesting. Well, I rechecked my own order and saw that my completion date was reported by them as 1/20. So I guess I am officially past 60 days since the check should have come. So I've replied to them with their own email, reminding them of the expiration, and asking about the status of the check and/or ETA. Do you have a list of email addresses I should cc on my next message, should I need to further follow-up?
    Power Trade's CEO's email address is: probinson@powertradeus.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    I got results when I sent emails to Brodie Keast, Palm's VP of Marketing. His email address is Brodie.Keast@palm.com

Or you could phone Palm's consumer realations department at: 4075314496

They called me back after I sent the email to Keast and nave been helpful.
    Dennis G. Esler
    I traded in my Treo 650 and Palm 515. They acknowledged on Dec. 27. I received $10 for the 515, but not the $125 for the Treo 650. After many emails and no response, I have filed complaints about PowerTrade with the Atlanta Better Business Bureau and a complaint against Palm in Sunnyvale CA. It's amazing, both PowerTrade and Palm have unsatisfactory records with the BBB. Even though Palm says it's not their responsibility, I would not have bought a new Treo 680 from them without the trade-in offer. Palm is as guilty in this as PowerTrade. The BBB will respond in 30 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075 View Post
    I got results when I sent emails to Brodie Keast, Palm's VP of Marketing. His email address is Brodie.Keast@palm.com

Or you could phone Palm's consumer realations department at: 4075314496

They called me back after I sent the email to Keast and nave been helpful.
    Thanks for the info! I did get a reply within a day to my most recent email inquiry. They confirmed that the order did process and promised that I should receive the check shortly. I will give it a few more weeks, just for the heck of it. But I'll use this information in my next follow-up should the check still not have arrived. (I like to save the big guns for when it's clear they're really missing on their promises.)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast