1.    #1  
    My last post on this subject, but I'm just so shocked by how a simple thing became so crazy.

I began talking to PalmStore Sales Support at 1-(877) 226-2320 about five weeks ago, and so this time I had the Palm website up where they offer a free Mobile Music Pack. The header read United States & Canada (I saved it as PDF just to be safe).

The supervisor, Esther, gave me the run around about the site, and then all of a sudden the page was redirected to “Unavailable”.

Well, now it’s back up again, and the header has changed to United States (only) and they’ve added a disclaimer to the same effect.

So, rather than honor the verbal agreement of 4 previous Sales Support personnel, and the assurance of Supervisor Jose who gave me a 72 hour promise, and a case number of 1015133, Palm would rather change their website and Supervisor Esther would rather tell me that Jose didn’t make any notes, there are no case numbers, there is no Jose, and there are no records of me ever having called them before.

I don’t know what Palm is thinking. How simple would it have been to just say something like “We made a mistake, both on the web and with previous calls, and while the offer is not valid for you, and we will be updating our web site, as a show of our commitment to our customers and to make up for any frustration this may have caused, we’ll special deliver you what our representatives previously agreed to.”

Instead, they slammed the door in my face.

I literally don’t know what to do other than take all my future business elsewhere. And that’s a pity as this was my 5th Palm device, and I’ve been a very loyal and supportive customer.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    buy a non Palm Phone. I'm thinking about that myself because i dont like that i can not buy colors in Europa. What kind of bull**** is it to only sell colors in USA?
    Quote Originally Posted by rener View Post
    My last post on this subject, but I'm just so shocked by how a simple thing became so crazy.

I began talking to PalmStore Sales Support at 1-(877) 226-2320 about five weeks ago, and so this time I had the Palm website up where they offer a free Mobile Music Pack. The header read United States & Canada (I saved it as PDF just to be safe).

The supervisor, Esther, gave me the run around about the site, and then all of a sudden the page was redirected to “Unavailable”.

Well, now it’s back up again, and the header has changed to United States (only) and they’ve added a disclaimer to the same effect.

So, rather than honor the verbal agreement of 4 previous Sales Support personnel, and the assurance of Supervisor Jose who gave me a 72 hour promise, and a case number of 1015133, Palm would rather change their website and Supervisor Esther would rather tell me that Jose didn’t make any notes, there are no case numbers, there is no Jose, and there are no records of me ever having called them before.

I don’t know what Palm is thinking. How simple would it have been to just say something like “We made a mistake, both on the web and with previous calls, and while the offer is not valid for you, and we will be updating our web site, as a show of our commitment to our customers and to make up for any frustration this may have caused, we’ll special deliver you what our representatives previously agreed to.”

Instead, they slammed the door in my face.

I literally don’t know what to do other than take all my future business elsewhere. And that’s a pity as this was my 5th Palm device, and I’ve been a very loyal and supportive customer.
    Ding! Palm sucks and deserves to die a slow, horrible death for their attitude toward their customers.

I recommend a screen capture program. If you use Firefox, get a Plug-in called Scrapbook. You can right-click on a web page and choose "save page as" to capture content. Then, you have it on your hard drive to send back to them as PROOF that they had put something up there - that's kind of hard to argue with.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! I saved the page to PDF as proof.

I can't believe this!
    could you post the .pdf? no right?
  6.    #6  
    If anyone is interested in the PDF, I'll either post it or mail it. There's also a screencap on my blog, which is linked to in the following...

It's made it's way onto Digg, so if anyone is willing to help me out, I'd appreciate it... http://www.digg.com/tech_deals/Palm_...special_offers