Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Mine does not. However, I did a hard reset and installed the patch because i noticed some weird stuff happening when I first installed it like it not showing the number of unread emails on the phone screen. Its been flawless ever since. Having other push based email services like biz connect could cause problems not to mention double the battery drain!
    It works fine for me but there are a couple of problems:

1. If you want an alert - you can only get a sound. No vibrate.

2. If you use an alert - the screen wakes up with every alert.

Then a couple of other versamail items:

1. Why is there no bcc field???

2. Why can't I see the email address of the sender when it is someone my contacts recognize or who has sent me an email before? All I get is the contact name and options to add to contact or send an email.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGator View Post
    It works fine for me but there are a couple of problems:

1. If you want an alert - you can only get a sound. No vibrate.

2. If you use an alert - the screen wakes up with every alert.

Then a couple of other versamail items:

1. Why is there no bcc field???

2. Why can't I see the email address of the sender when it is someone my contacts recognize or who has sent me an email before? All I get is the contact name and options to add to contact or send an email.
    The limited types of alerts are annoying, however Butler can help a bit.

No BCC sucks, but I don't use it very often.

If you click on the senders name and choose to send an email it will show you the full address in the To field. Again, annoying but not a huge deal.

The inability to access folders other than the inbox is the biggest problem to me and at this point it's the only reason I have to keep Chatter installed.

However, the positives outweigh the problems:

GAL lookup is great. OTA sync of Calendar and Contacts is a major plus. Also, at least so far, EAS seems to be more efficient with battery life when using push. And finally, I no longer get skipping when playing MP3's now that chatter isn't online all the time.

Jeff
    Last edited by beavis10; 02/12/2007 at 02:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom View Post
    I'm having the same issue. And it looks like I'm getting this notifier instead of the actual email, like it's prompting me to sync and get the email that was just pushed.

I have soft reset and that solved the issue for 1 push of email, but then it comes back.

Anyone crack this issue yet?

Has anyone cracked this bug yet? I see that a lot of people are using Versa and like it. I gave up on it because of this issue and went back to chatter. I would be willing to give it another try if I could get the PUSH to work correctly.

Please - anyone fix the "notifier" issue?
    As for battery usage, before the update I was polling the server every 15 minutes. Now I get push and I've seen approximately an extra 10% or so battery remaining at the end of the day, depending on number messages that day and phone calls made.
    I'm having the EXACT problem blue212 & MiteMom are having...I'm glad i'm not nuts..Anyone figure it out??
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Well, when my IT guys set up my device a few months ago, I just had the unit call for an Exchange server update every five minutes. This worked fine. As I said earlier, I was nervous about installing this software because everything seemed to work fine. Today I installed it. When I tried to sync, I got a message saying something to the effect that my IT people had required a password for access to my email if I hadn't logged on within 20 minutes. They did this on our desktops, but for some reason this hadn't translated into Versamail UNTIL you start using push. You need to know about this; if you want push from the Exchange server, and your IT people are requiring passwords after some down time on your work computers, the same thing will happen with your phone.....
    I just installed the Exchange ActiveSync Update on my Treo 700p and now I'm having the same problem where my IT administrator has set a password locking policy of 15 minutes. There's no way to change this setting on my device anymore! Even though it's my own personal phone and not a corporate one.

Does anyone know how to UNINSTALL the update? The old way of syncing every 15 minutes was working well enough for me; and I hate that I can't change the password lock setting on my own phone!
    One of the files is 'Security' and I think the others may be BgndService, Air SAM, AirSAMprv and MM EAS FPI but I'm just guessing on these....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Yippee!

It started working 100% for me today. Our server was down over the weekend for scheduled updates, and this morning I got an 'EAS Push Available' or something similar message.

With this I no longer 'need' Chatter. Took it off this evening. Device seems a little snappier, particularly App switching (not the horrid db delays).

I am a big Chatter/Marc fan, but there is no point for me to have two mail clients on this device....especially when one syncs Calendar and Contacts wirelessly. I hope they have Marc involved in 'Versamail Pro'!
    Quote Originally Posted by doug14 View Post
    I just installed the Exchange ActiveSync Update on my Treo 700p and now I'm having the same problem where my IT administrator has set a password locking policy of 15 minutes. There's no way to change this setting on my device anymore! Even though it's my own personal phone and not a corporate one.

Does anyone know how to UNINSTALL the update? The old way of syncing every 15 minutes was working well enough for me; and I hate that I can't change the password lock setting on my own phone!
    Do you have a backup program? I just did a hard reset and reinstalled from a saved backup (using Rescoe Backup) prior to the time I installed the update. I didn't want to deal with the password stuff either.
    I just wanted to throw this out there because I originally had problems syncing my Verizon phone and my partner's Sprint phone. We kept getting messages that said I needed to sync even though I just synced.

I found a way to fix the problem by adding a new contact and a new calendar entry. I have no idea why this worked ,but then the phone saw there was actually a "calendar" and "contacts" (even though they were included entries before) and from that time on, it has synced perfectly.

I dont know if this will fix any of the problems out there, but I'm just offering it up as a possible solution.
    I switched AutoSync back to As Items Arrive and added new items through Exchange. I waited fifteen minutes and there was no notification on my 700p. :-( Good try, though.
    OK so I downloaded the update for push email. I goto versamail and try to set my email to "as it arrives" as shown in the picture. Well, I don't have that option! It only gives me "5 min" and higher... Am I doing something wrong here? What am I missing??? If you look at one of the pictures shown, it gives you an option to retrieve messages "as it arrives"

Anyhow any help is appreciated. Thanks...

PS I am trying to push AOL mail. I am not sure it supposed to work. Is anyone getting AOL to work for push?

I use my AOL account for my rental company email. Yes I know AOL sucks but everyone remembers AOL and its easy for my customers to remember.

If AOL doesnt work, Any Recommendations

http://www.palm.com/us/software/eas_update/lob.html
    First, I don't believe the push feature works for anything other than Microsoft Exchange. Second, did you do a manual sync after you installed it? Supposedly you won't see the "push" option until you do the first sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    First, I don't believe the push feature works for anything other than Microsoft Exchange.
    Correct, EAS=Exchange ActiveSync.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567