Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Does this require an update to the Exchange server? I am getting an error in VersaMail. I am not sure if an update was done to the server since I do not admin it.
    Quote Originally Posted by minusnone View Post
    Does this require an update to the Exchange server? I am getting an error in VersaMail. I am not sure if an update was done to the server since I do not admin it.
    Already replied on the other thread you asked this in.
    Can I ask someone a favor?

I don't have my disk anymore with versamail... can someone PM me the prc files? Im on a mac.

Treo 700p
    Not sure how it's working on the Versamail soluust tion, but on Windows Mobile you can set subfolders under your inbox to sync. there's a setting where you go and check the sub-folders you want to sync. It's also the place you have to go and check the box next to the sent items if you want the sent folder to sync with the desktop and show emails sent from the desktop and not just emails sent from the phone.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    I too, tried the free mail2web email service, which seems to be an awesome push email solution... Somewhere in the middle of syncing my treo pops up an error... "AirSAMStateMachine.c 1913 3". When I look on the mail2web online access, my calendar syncs correctly but there are no emails, nor contacts.... anyone think they have solution???
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    ... on Windows Mobile you can set subfolders under your inbox to sync. there's a setting where you go and check the sub-folders you want to sync. It's also the place you have to go and check the box next to the sent items if you want the sent folder to sync with the desktop and show emails sent from the desktop and not just emails sent from the phone.
    Mmm... so definitive evidence that this is a hand-me-down. Does the WM version also sync all the PIM data (e.g. tasks, notes)? Or allow you selectively *not* sync/push some stuff, such as email?
    Here is my experience:

I downloaded the file over the air and installed it. As said in the download page, it asked to reboot my phone, which I did. I have chatter email installed on my phone. I then tried to open up versamail, and my phone froze. I performed a soft reset, but that made things worse. Every time my phone booted, it would get past the Palm logo and every thing else and actually boot up, and just before it got to the welcome screen from Sprint, it would freeze. My touch screen stopped working. I took the battery out for 10 minutes, and the same thing happened.
    I looked up the Palm FAQ page and performed a warm reset, and the same problem persisted.
    I then went ahead and did a hard reset, and guess what, it still had the same problem. I got to the screen where it asked me to tap the screen at center of the circle, but my touch screen did not work!
    I took the phone back to Sprint ,and they said a technician would take a look at it. Went back in an hour, and they gave me a brand new phone as a replacement! No questions asked, but I do have the complete insurance package...

May be this was just a hardware issue and it was all a coincidence, but I felt that the sequence of events was quite strange...
    So, just letting ya all know about my experience...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJaguar View Post
    Here is my experience:

I downloaded the file over the air and installed it. As said in the download page, it asked to reboot my phone, which I did. I have chatter email installed on my phone. I then tried to open up versamail, and my phone froze. I performed a soft reset, but that made things worse. Every time my phone booted, it would get past the Palm logo and every thing else and actually boot up, and just before it got to the welcome screen from Sprint, it would freeze. My touch screen stopped working. I took the battery out for 10 minutes, and the same thing happened.
    I looked up the Palm FAQ page and performed a warm reset, and the same problem persisted.
    I then went ahead and did a hard reset, and guess what, it still had the same problem. I got to the screen where it asked me to tap the screen at center of the circle, but my touch screen did not work!
    I took the phone back to Sprint ,and they said a technician would take a look at it. Went back in an hour, and they gave me a brand new phone as a replacement! No questions asked, but I do have the complete insurance package...

May be this was just a hardware issue and it was all a coincidence, but I felt that the sequence of events was quite strange...
    So, just letting ya all know about my experience...
    Wow! Anyway, all's well that ends well... I guess it's the price that must be paid for living on the bleeding edge. Sounds to me like something is dinging the ROM (impossible?) or the EPROM if it's there. Thanks for the post...
    Last edited by copernicus; 01/26/2007 at 09:32 PM.
    Yeah.. I lost all my customization that I had done to my 700P over 6 months, but you know what, it might be a good thing.. if it were up to me, I might have never hard reset the phone.. at least now, I can install only the things that I need..
    While I was at the store, I was playing around with a 700wx, and I must say, I might have fallen for it!
    If anybody is looking for a trade b/n a 700P and a 700WX, ping me.. As I have mentioned earlier, this is a brand new 700P with less than 1 hour talk time as of now...
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Wow. I'm happy for you Jaguar - at least you've got a replacement.

I'm doubtful that the VersaMail update is touching the ROM or EPROM or anything like that. I backed up my Treo using NVBackup. I then installed VersaMail on my Verizon 700p. Then installed the update. Tried it for about an hour. Then I decided to 'roll back' - by restoring from the NVBackup set. I'm now back to Chatter - i.e. pre-VersaMail. If the VersaMail update had done something to my ROM, I could have noticed something strange by now.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Hi all. I installed the patch and its actually working well.... I used Chatter because its a better email program, but the ability to sync my calendar and contacts is big...

But here is where I'm going crazy. I know that Versamail doesnt vibrate when a new email comes in, and that some people in this forum have used Butler to vibrate upon email notification... This is where I cant get anything to work... I get the notifications that a new email has arrived (annoying) but Butler, even when set to vibrate.. will not on the 700p.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I installed this patch and it is working. However, even though I have it set to sync when messages come in, I keep getting the little Notifier on my home screen to do an "EAS Sync." Why is this happening? Is there a way turn it off?

Also, I noticed that the first time I did a sync, it told me that the Contacts on Exchange would be overwritten with those on my Treo. Unfortunately it did the opposite and there does not seem to be a way deselect the Contacts or Calendar, even though there are buttons for each.

Help !

Luckily I had a backup of my Contacts on the card from BackupMan.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Wow how disappointing!!!!!!!

I've be a long time Chatter user. I'm also using Scott's xChangeSync beta software.

I was very excited about the option of using branded Palm software -- thought the integration would be better. I also was looking forward to the ability to accept invitations and import directed into my calendar. I was also excited about the global address lookup.

Man o man -- what a disappointment. Versamail is a clumsy piece of "". I too kept getting the "notification to sync". The push component did not work -- I would routinely get pushed mail through chatter but only got emails when manually sync'd with versamail. The acceptance of invites worked only now and then. I must admit -- the global address lookup actually did work. Also -- all my untimed events became all day events -- what a pain in the "". And I now have multiple duplicate calendar events and contacts -- luckily I can clean this up with a duplicate remover through Outlook.

I just removed the versamail from my Treo and will be going back to Chatter and xChangeSync. Its really too bad Scott and Marc could not get these two important programs to join together into the ultimate killer Palm PIM program.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7 View Post
    I just set this up with a free mail2web account, and to my surprise, it works. My only question is that if the mail program is not forward on my Treo, when mail comes in, I get an alert that says I have to sync my mail. Why doesn't it just show up in the mail program?
    I cant set it up for the life of me... can you help me with the settings?
    Thanks

BTW, is this a solution for regular push Email? or only for exchange users (Business people)
    I installed this morning, but I keep getting an error alert that tells me I need to push the sync button. When I push the sync button everything works perfectly. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Mmm... so definitive evidence that this is a hand-me-down. Does the WM version also sync all the PIM data (e.g. tasks, notes)? Or allow you selectively *not* sync/push some stuff, such as email?
    On WM5 Activesync, you can any combination of Contacts, Calendar, Email and Tasks over the air. You must sync notes when connected to your PC unfortunately.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Wierd, I don't get any options other than time intervals on the autosync (regardless of which of the 'mail', 'calendar', 'contacts' boxes are selected). When I installed, things went batty (resets, phone taking forever to turn on) for some time.

Tried to reinstall, but says it's already there. Anyone know which files (if any) I can remove and try again?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    This may be an order of operations problem. When you install and reset, you don't automatically see the "as mail arrives" option immediately. Upon starting Versamail you might actually notice there are alerts waiting -- to remind you that you have to sync once before push can become active. Once you do the first manual sync, you get another alert saying "push is active". At that point, you will be able to (de)select the push option in the AutoSync prefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    As a long time Chatter user, I'm quite tempted by this. First, I heard VersaMail actually works better than before in terms of stability.
    Oh boy your going to **** off the chatter heads.

My 700p has been flawless since I got rid of chatter.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    i know that this is a reach, but is the delay between apps, post-Versamail install, fixed by some miracle?
    Versamail causing lags was just a nasty rumor that proved to not be true.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast