Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Although we 700p owners luv our wee beauties, they still have some glaring problems that Palm has yet to address. Of particular concern to me is the letter that was written by Steve Sinclair (Sr. Product Manager, Palm OS Wireless Products) here at TreoCentral; where, he posits that these are not common issues (the letter can be found at http://treocast.treocentral.com/PalmResponseLetter.pdf).

    If you are experiencing problems with 'lag' while switching between apps, hop/skip/jumping of your music while browsing, etc., then please go to this thread at the Palm Addict forum, and post your issues (you don't have to be a registered Forum member to post). I intend to take the sum responses, and present them directly to Ed Colligan and Steve Sinclair.

    The thread can be located at: http://sjmcloughlin.proboards37.com/...ead=1169731124

    Thanks!
    PJA
  2. #2  
    good luck. as I said before, I can't belive palm can release as many phone as thay have since releasing the 700p, without fixing the the the p first. it looks this sales comes first.
  3. #3  
    Good luck ..... my biggest issue is Bluetooth. June will be 1 year that I've had my 700p. If nothing has been updated/fixed by then - I'm going to seriously look at a Sprint Q.
  4. #4  
    Here's the problem as I see it; Palm continues to get good press from major papers and mags. They have very good product placement on network TV and people are still buying Palms because of it.

    Many Palm product purchasers are not members of these forums. They call Palm or the carrier and are given the song and dance routine that we all heard at one time or another. They end up thinking they (the customers) are the problem and not the device / software.

    Let's face it, we're stuck in a Dilbert strip and Dogbert is running Palm. The Palm OS patch is being developed in Elbonia. If anyone at Palm ever admitted that there was truly a problem they'd be visiting Catbert. So they all become a bunch of Wally's.

    That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it. :-)
  5. #5  
    Boys and girls--go sign that thing! If Knowledgeman can get it to the mahoofs @ Plam we can only be helped (or ignored...again.) But it's worth trying.

    B**ch well, all.

    David
  6. #6  
    I agree, there is power in numbers. If as many people that are having problems respond to this, then if nothing else it will hopefully speed up the update process, treo owners at least have the right to that much.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

    http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  7. #7  
    Personally, I have had enough of the lags, crashes, and lack of support from Palm. My Blackberry 8703 arrives today and it is goodbye to my 700P.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTek View Post
    Let's face it, we're stuck in a Dilbert strip and Dogbert is running Palm. The Palm OS patch is being developed in Elbonia. If anyone at Palm ever admitted that there was truly a problem they'd be visiting Catbert. So they all become a bunch of Wally's.
    I love it! Sure explains alot, too!
  9. #9  
    thr61,

    You will love your new 8703e. I did just what you have done about three months ago, and it was the best decision I made by far. I’m just sick of dealing with the incompetence of the support staff pertaining to my Treo 700p. No one has answers or a logical time frame when Palm will attempt to release a service pack to fix all the problems with the 700p…. So, I’m now a Blackberry supporter. Good Luck !!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by FSUFAN1200 View Post
    thr61,

    You will love your new 8703e. I did just what you have done about three months ago, and it was the best decision I made by far. I’m just sick of dealing with the incompetence of the support staff pertaining to my Treo 700p. No one has answers or a logical time frame when Palm will attempt to release a service pack to fix all the problems with the 700p…. So, I’m now a Blackberry supporter. Good Luck !!
    Just like an FSU fan....desert your team. Go Gators!

    Home of MULTIPLE National Champions.
  11. #11  
    I checked with Steve Sinclair of Palm yesterday. He clarifed the firmware release is targetted for 1Q of the 2007 calendar year & NOT the fiscal year as some feared. This means it should be released by March.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  12. #12  
    I’ll Believe It When I See It. Seems Palm Is VERY Delinquent In Doing Things For Its Consumers!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by thr61 View Post
    Personally, I have had enough of the lags, crashes, and lack of support from Palm. My Blackberry 703 arrives today and it is goodbye to my 700P.
    What about the Blackberry 8800? Isn't that CDMA and GSM? Might be a nice phone!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I checked with Steve Sinclair of Palm yesterday. He clarifed the firmware release is targetted for 1Q of the 2007 calendar year & NOT the fiscal year as some feared. This means it should be released by March.

    but will it fix the lag?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I checked with Steve Sinclair of Palm yesterday. He clarifed the firmware release is targetted for 1Q of the 2007 calendar year & NOT the fiscal year as some feared. This means it should be released by March.
    Did you happen to ask him what he meant by "early Q1" for the bluetooth fix? I read that as end of january at the latest, but "early Q1" as it says in his letter is so arbitrary, like everything else he says.
  16. Chazzan's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    but will it fix the lag?
    my bet is no. but I'd like to be wrong.

Posting Permissions