1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am wondering how to transfer files onto the handheld memory instead of the SD card. I tried with Quick Install but it is impossible (that forbidden symbol shows).

How should I proceed?

Thanks!
    FileZ (A Freeware File Management Utility for the PalmOS)

www.nosleep.net

click on Download, then FileZ v6.8.3 (or whatever is the most current version)

With the power to play -- comes the power to mess things up -- be careful !!

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for that quick reply, Perry!
    I already have that great software, but I was wondering if it was possible to do that process it through Palm Quick Install. I am sure I was able to do it before... Have I done anything wrong?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tralogik View Post
    Thanks for that quick reply, Perry!
    I already have that great software, but I was wondering if it was possible to do that process it through Palm Quick Install. I am sure I was able to do it before... Have I done anything wrong?

Thanks!

What type of files? I think Quick Install is only going to let you put .prc, .pdb and possibly .jpg files thru it's process. . . . .
  5.    #5  
    It is especially .doc and .xls files.
    I guess you are right. It is probably only possible to save .prc and .pdb files. But it is strange that one cannot save one or two Word docs onto the handheld memory. I could do it with my old Clié.
    I guess you are right. It is probably only possible to save .prc and .pdb files. But it is strange that one cannot save one or two Word docs onto the handheld memory. I could do it with my old Clié.
    I haven't tried to do those thru Quick Install -- I have always done those with the Docs to Go desktop (to internal memory or the SD card) . . . .

If using a card reader to put them on an SD card . . . then once you have put the files on the SD card -- you can then always move them to internal memory of the Treo with FileZ. (If you do not want to use the Docs to Go process.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/26/2007 at 11:20 AM.
    Wordsmith allows you to do this with the only problems being the cost and you have to install Wordsmith. Though I haven't used it much lately, it is installed on my Treo 700p and seems to be running perfectly. There must be other ways as well (iSilo? not sure, also seems to run well on 700p). Docs to go would seem the way to go.
  8.    #8  
    You are right Perry, it was with Docs to Go, thanks!
    Thanks for the info copernicius, I will look at that.