1.    #1  
    Freeware PCPilot gives you the ability to control MS PowerPoint®, Windows Media Player® or iTunes® on your Windows PC from your Palm device.

Features:

* Use your Palm as a remote control for your PC
    * Connect through a Bluetooth or network (e.g. WiFi) interface
    * Zero-installation lightweight Windows program
    * Light and easily configurable Palm program
    * Palm hardware command keys customization
    * Automatic minimization of the Windows program upon Palm connection
    * PowerPoint®
    o Full navigation: previous / next and first / last slide
    o Pause / restart
    o Slide title & number on your Palm
    o Speaker notes on your Palm
    * Windows Media Player® & iTunes®
    o Main controls: next / previous track, fast forward & rewind (depending on configuration)
    o Sound volume controls
    o Track title & artist on your Palm
    o Optional display of the player interface (full screen or normal)

http://www.freewarepalm.com/communication/pcpilot.shtml
    Sweeet, Right the **ck after I purchased Liberty Control this morning-GRRRRRRRRR
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
  3.    #3  
    Sorry! Only spotted it today and it was just uploaded yesterday.

You have probably got a few more capabilities. Sounds like Liberty Control can control just about any application with the remote mouse and keyboard capability.

I have tried PCPilot with Powerpoint and it works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You have probably got a few more capabilities. Sounds like Liberty Control can control just about any application with the remote mouse and keyboard capability.
    Liberty Control is A very nicely written piece of code.

But free is good too
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    I've downloaded the pcpilot.exe file on my desktop and the pcpilot.prc on my treo 650. The desktop PCPilot app appears to work fine, but my palm app doesn't work: when I type in the ip address in the Network Host blank, and hit connect, I get "Network port open error (code 00001212/0). Check that PCPilot is running on the PC." But it is working on the desktop. I've installed and reinstalled but nothing works.

Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Where are you getting the IP address from, and what network are you attempting to use?

My suggestion would be to use Bluetooth. Works well for me. (Just get a BT USB dongle if you haven't got BT on the PC.
    Where are you getting the IP address from, and what network are you attempting to use?
    I got the IP address from following the PCPilot manual: I go to a command window and type in "ipconfig" and my IP address is displayed. I then type this address into the blanks on the treo PCPilot configuration where it says "Host". I leave the port as the manual says, 6363. I'm not sure what you mean by "what network are you attempting to use." I have cable modem at home and use Cingular data plan for my treo.

My suggestion would be to use Bluetooth. Works well for me. (Just get a BT USB dongle if you haven't got BT on the PC.
    I could go that route, but it seems that the application should be usable over the internet connection.

Thanks for any more advice you may have.
  8.    #8  
    I tried a network connection with similar results to yourself.

Sorry that I am no help. We must not be entering the correct data, as the Bluetooth operation is so effortless.

Maybe some network expert will give it a try and throw some light on the problem.
    I tried a network connection with similar results to yourself.
    Well at least I'm not crazy! Thanks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdy! View Post
    I got the IP address from following the PCPilot manual: I go to a command window and type in "ipconfig" and my IP address is displayed. I then type this address into the blanks on the treo PCPilot configuration where it says "Host". I leave the port as the manual says, 6363. I'm not sure what you mean by "what network are you attempting to use." I have cable modem at home and use Cingular data plan for my treo.

I could go that route, but it seems that the application should be usable over the internet connection.

Thanks for any more advice you may have.
    If you PC is connected to the internet via a router or gateway, you'll not be able to use the network connectivity unless your router or gateway do a port forwarding of port 6363 to your PC.

I believe this option is meant for Palm devices that has wi-fi hardware which u can connect to the same network of your PC. i.e. both your PC and Palm device IP addresses have common first 3 octets (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Emkay View Post
    I believe this option is meant for Palm devices that has wi-fi hardware which u can connect to the same network of your PC. i.e. both your PC and Palm device IP addresses have common first 3 octets (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx)
    Makes sense as there are reports from other boards of successful use on a wi-fi network.
    Anyone used this with Bluetooth? I've found it'll work if I launch and connect from the Palm first, then launch the EXE and click connect. All works fine then.

If start the EXE first and connect to the com port first, no go... The problem comes in, if bluetooth disconnects for any reason, the Palm client can't reconnect to the PC EXE, always says "No connection" (bluetooth IS connected), until I exit the PC EXE and relaunch it, then it can connect.

I'm thinking the com port must be set properly or it wouldn't work at all, but maybe someone has a suggestion.

Using my 680 to Windows XP (work laptop).
    Havent tried this program yet, but I just got Salling Clicker, which is the EXACT SAME THING as this, except you can get a few more scripts to run PowerDVD, Winamp, etc. But its 23 bucks to buy, and useable for free with like 30 clicks in a row before it makes you reconnect, to get another 30 clicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaphoneman View Post
    Havent tried this program yet, but I just got Salling Clicker, which is the EXACT SAME THING as this, except you can get a few more scripts to run PowerDVD, Winamp, etc. But its 23 bucks to buy, and useable for free with like 30 clicks in a row before it makes you reconnect, to get another 30 clicks.
    PCPilot is free

I figured out my problem. I had 3 Server COM ports open for Bluetooth. I decided to try deleting two of them, and it seems completely robust now. I've disconnected from the Palm and reconnected, connected the Palm after the EXE was running, etc, all seems good now.

PCPilot is only for PowerPoint (and WMP and iTunes) but that's all I need.
    I know this is the Palm OS forum, but is there anything comparable on WM?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.