1.    #1  
    Anyone old enough to remember the goofy red "hot phone" ring from the movies "Our Man Flint" and "In Like Flint"? I would like to find this ringtone for my Treo 700p.
    download and rename to .mp3
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Gosh, that brings back memories.
    Yep, old enough.
    That's great.
    Thanks for the smiles
    I agree. This is reasonably good version. It was also used by Mike Meyers in his Austin Powers movies.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post

I downloaded and renamed file but I cannot open the mp3. I was hoping to listen to it before I moved it over to the Treo but Windows doesn't recognize it.
    It should. Download it again to your desktop. Right click and select rename. Change the txt to mp3.
    I found a "PDB" version of this, but when I move to my Treo, it doesn't show in the sounds app...
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTek View Post
    It should. Download it again to your desktop. Right click and select rename. Change the txt to mp3.
    I tried again with no luck. Can you rename it and then post it here?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    I found a "PDB" version of this, but when I move to my Treo, it doesn't show in the sounds app...
    Try the miniTones app.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    I tried again with no luck. Can you rename it and then post it here?
    Right click on the file link and select "save target as". When the save file pop-up window opens, change the save as file type from text to all. Now, give the file name the .mp3 extension and you should be good to go. This is what I had to do to get the file to save correctly.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Right click on the file link and select "save target as". When the save file pop-up window opens, change the save as file type from text to all. Now, give the file name the .mp3 extension and you should be good to go. This is what I had to do to get the file to save correctly.
    Thanks cgordonn. I was trying to download the link instead of right clicking on the link. After listening though, not sure this one's for me. Thanks for your help.
    Again, thanks for the ring. Used minitones. Now I use it for my VIP contacts - lol

Then I just had to watch the movies again - I got both.
    Man, a what a trip.

Never know how the Treo and TreoCentral forums can have such a wide reaching influence to enrich one's life.

Thanks again, scottymomo!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Thanks Scotty,

I downloaded it, but can only get it onto my card. Do I need a special program to use mp3 files as ringtones or is there a specific folder I should put it in? Thanks for any add'l help. (I need something to do while the girls are off visiting "Fabulous Face".
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I have the midi version of 'Our Man Flint'. It's originally from a James Coburn movie series that was a take on the James Bond movies. Is there a spot to post the midi? It's quite small. I can email it as well.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I'd love a copy. I'll PM you with my email address.
    In response to your original question, I am not old enough to remember Our Man Flint. I caught a minute or two of it while passing through the room while my father was watching it. I kind of got the idea that Flint was the K-Mart version of James Bond.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I downloaded it (re-named it to .mp3 extension before saving it to desktop).

Used MiniTones to install it.

Thx for the instructions.

It works great, brings back memories.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p