Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Is anyone using Lightspeed 2.0?
    I cant seem to be able to find any spec's on running it on a TREO 650.

I can increase the speed up and past 500 but my unit locks up.
    That said I assume its to high DUH!
    But what is the threshed that I can go between the settings and how do I find which can do what?

Thanks
    JW
    Search, that's what...

With PXAClocker, 468 is about the fastest that's safe. I don't know about the dividers and such set in LightSpeed, but regardless pushing it to 500 is pretty high. That's almost double the default speed.
    Don't know about Lightspeed, but with PXA Clocker I run certain applications that need a boost at 507 MHz, with everything else kept at the default clock, and I have zero problems with it. If I go 1 notch above 507 (to 546) I get occasional crashes, and the next notch (585) is a certain crash. Since you're pushing the Treo into "unsupported" territory, you just have to experiment and see what works with your Treo; each unit will have a slightly different maximum.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    Don't know about Lightspeed, but with PXA Clocker I run certain applications that need a boost at 507 MHz, with everything else kept at the default clock, and I have zero problems with it. If I go 1 notch above 507 (to 546) I get occasional crashes, and the next notch (585) is a certain crash. Since you're pushing the Treo into "unsupported" territory, you just have to experiment and see what works with your Treo; each unit will have a slightly different maximum.
    Thats interesting: "each unit will have a slightly different maximum".

I cant go above 455 with Lightspeed but with both there are additional options.
    I dont know which to turn to where...

No real info around to see what and why.
    Thanks
    JW
    There is a large thread concerning this if you search for pxa clocker.

I can get 492 stable if I run a certain few apps at 468. 507 is an instant crash.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    But I purchased LightSpeed there are a lot of threads on PXA...
    Isn't that a totally different app?
    Settings wont be the same from what I saw.
    Thanks
    JW
    Oh, sorry, missed that part. I've never used Lightspeed, but the Mhz is likely universal between the two. If it is, 500 mhz is pretty high. I've had two 650's that couldn't go above 492. 468 stable. Start around 450, if you can, use the phone for a day and if it doesn't lok up, go higher.

Does that help any?
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Further to the last post, I strongly recommend keeping the system default at the factory level (312) accelerating only those few applications that are noticeably slow - Blazer, GPS mapping/routing programs, applications that process pictures or videos, searching/sorting programs, etc.
    I respectfully disagree. I run everything overclocked except those programs that crash. Zero problems yet, been doing it for over a year.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    My 650 before I did the latest FW update (which fscked PXAClocker; wouldn't turn back on unless you soft reset or hit a button about 50 times) I ran it at 468 default.. Slowed it down in a few apps that I routinely used for long periods which didn't need the speed, otherwise... Worked very nice. Made everything just a little snappier.

The 680 could use it... Here's looking for PXA to get updated sometime!
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I run everything overclocked except those programs that crash. Zero problems yet, been doing it for over a year.
    Hmmm... I had mega-problems when I did that. Rather than to find by trial and error which 1 or 2 of my 65 applications was causing the problems, I just accelerated those few applications that I found myself waiting on. Maybe that's why I'm able to get to higher clock speeds for the applications that need it, since I don't try to accelerate every application. But hey, that's the nice thing about PXA Clocker and Lightspeed, you can try it both ways and see what works best for your hardware/software configuration.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Ok since no one has any experiences with LightSpeed and that would be my preferences as to a a over/unclocking app.
    An anyone educate me (layman's terms) as to what the options that are in available PXA:
    Buss
    Mem
    LCD
    Turbo

Thanks
    JW