Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Yes, those are intentional typos as my Treo is developing issues with the Y key

I need to apply a lot more pressure to get the Y key to register as reliably as all the other keys. I'd estimate it's working with normal pressure applied around 50-60% of the time. Has anyone had this issue develop on their keyboards, and what is the likely prognosis? I wonder if it's just dust (I doubt it though somehow).

This really sucks as I have been looking at replacements and neither the 680 nor 750 provide me enough of an improvement for a 300+ outlay, espcially when weighing up lower battery life on 680/750 or resolution in the case of the 750. I've been keeping a watchful eye on ebay and notice that a) bidders are paying too much for devices which are generally not covered by warranty and b) sellers conveniently don't have receipts to include (hence a being a problem).

My ideal scenario would be just to purchase a short antenna and new egrip for my 650, to freshen things up a bit. The future however is looking slightly gloomy for my smartphone future, since Palm appear to be sitting on their hands (where's wifi? bluetooth 2.0? dramatic form factor improvements??) and Apple appear to be run by control freaks who won't let me install or code my own applications. In the other corner we have the PocketPC/WM units which all look like they have been punched out of the same cookie cutter at HTC or are just downright expensive!
    Compaq Aero 2100 -> Toshiba E570 -> Toshiba E800 -> O2 XDA II Mini -> PalmOne Treo 650
    I had a similar problem. The message button was quirky and only sometimes registered, while the T,G,V, and Center button no longer worked at all! I took it into a Sprint repair center thinking they would just replace it, but they ended up fixing it. They said all they did was open it up and "clean" it. Couldn't have been more then just dust because I have never spilled anything on my Treo.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    That's good to know. I suspect my issue might just also be dust. I have some torx screwdrivers at home, so hopefully I have one the right size to get this thing open.
    Compaq Aero 2100 -> Toshiba E570 -> Toshiba E800 -> O2 XDA II Mini -> PalmOne Treo 650