Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone having issues connecting to the tzones network? I can't log in to check mail or anything. maybe just down for maint...but i've never not had internet!
    my tzones went down 2 days ago in st louis, had to upgrade to total internet. pda support said tzones was being blocked out again.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    I'm using T-Zones at this moment. everything is working great. Haven't had any issues.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by snoslicer8 View Post
    my tzones went down 2 days ago in st louis, had to upgrade to total internet. pda support said tzones was being blocked out again.
    If the tzones block is being reinstalled then you only had to add the proxy address in blazer to work around it.

BTW, no problems in NY
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Working good for me. My service is Ohio-based, but I am in Florida right now.
    mine is workin fine here in Denver.
    Can you please post proxy settings for T-zones
    Thanks
  9. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Mines dropped off maybe once or twice this week, so far. I'm actually thinking about upgrading my plan to use the starbucks wifi spots though.
    Is there a list of places Hotspots works? So far, I don't ever go to starbuck enough to make hotspots worth the purchase..
    so far its at all starbucks, borders, and kinkos...also some airport lounges and hotels
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the posts everyone! My tzones became active again this morning, i guess the network was down? Not sure...but it all works fine today at least checking email.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop_dtx View Post
    Thanks for the posts everyone! My tzones became active again this morning, i guess the network was down? Not sure...but it all works fine today at least checking email.
    The 680 has a quirk that if you do a warm reset, you have to back in and change your network back to TZones. It defaults to Tmobile Internet.

14.    #14  
    yes, i'm aware of that...there seems to have been an outage or a problem connecting to the network in my area.

It was fine when i woke up.
    Has anybody else noticed since the switch to the Treo 680 that they no longer need to use a Proxy to access the internet using T-Zones?

I used to need the Proxy on my 650 to get anywhere - with my 680 it connected immediately - no proxy - and seems to be quite a bit quicker than on the 650.

I checked my bill online - no changes there.

Not complaining, by any means. Just curious.
    Yeah, I noticed that too.
    Just an FYI, I changed my plan back to the T-Mobile internet, and everything is working fine now. Called customer care just playing dumb, and they said there was a report of a tower down where I was. That must've been the issue. All is well now again with the $5.99 internet plan.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
  18.    #18  
    I've never ever had to use the proxy, i've been with tmobile since 2001
    I never had to use anything other than t-zones to get www access or email... I guess it was worth being on the unlocked GSM... tmobile continiuosly told me that the 650 cannot use tzones and can only access www via the $30 monthly internet plan...

I currently pay nothing and get tzones to connect to my email and online access...
    Treo 180, 300, 600, 650, still regretting the 680, Centro, ...
    Waiting for the next worthy smart-phone while test-driving an iPhone for the last 3 months.
    The proxy block has been off since some point in November. Not complaining mind you. Perhaps it's because they are supposed to roll out their high speed network this year. Here's to hoping.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast