1.    #1  
    Okay, so I got my new Treo 680 today, have set everything up and it seems to work except for one problem.

I can seem to access Email on the treo. If I click on the little email button in the phone app (indicating I have 4 messages) it flashes quickly, showing the messages (less than a second) but then goes back to the phone app.

If I try to access it via the menu of application using the email icon, it does the same thing.

I can't imagine I did something, but I must have! When I was setting it up, at one point on the Treo I was setting up the versamail, but I cancelled halfway through because I wanted to do something else. Could that have screwed something up? Any ideas how I can "reset" the versamail preferences or settings (perhaps so it thinks I have to run the setup again?)

<sim question removed>

On another note, it is possible to tell if the phone is receiving a GRPS wireless signal versus an EDGE signal? I know my old cell phone would have a "G" icon when I was in a GRPS area, and my friends phone shows an "E" when he is in an EDGE area. Is there a way to tell the difference on the Treo 680?

Thanks!

Chris
  2.    #2  
    Solved the versamail problem. Had to do a hard reset.

But I am still curious about the EDGE/GRPS signal.

Chris
    Your 680 will show two green arrows when connected to the network instead of the E usually found on motorolas...
    GPRS will show a little black triangle above your signal bars. EDGE will show the two green arrows or lightening bolts.
  5.    #5  
    So a black arrow versus two green arrows?

Because when I am not connected to the internet (not websurfing or email checking) I get a black triangle. But if I connect, it shows the two green arrows. And looking through the manual , it indiactes that the two green arrows are for an active GPRS or EDGE data connection - not just edge (while the black triangle indicates a netowrk is within range, but not active).

Did the manual get it wrong? Wouldn't be the first time!

Chris
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by locon View Post
    Your 680 will show two green arrows when connected to the network instead of the E usually found on motorolas...

But there is no way to differentiate if you are connected EDGE or GPRS...other than simply seeing how fast you can surf?

Chris