1.    #1  
    I was at a verizon store a couple of days ago and played with the 700p for about 30 minutes and liked the user friendly UI of the palm OS. but I did not like that lag with white screen the phone had each time you tried to open a app. what causes that and is it fixable? I have a new 700w coming in the mail to replace my current one b/c of a sms issue that plam nor the vzw tech support could fix. can I trade the new 700w in a verizon store for a new 700p?
    My Palm Treo 700w was a snitch
    I have a 700p and only have lag when going into/out of blazer. Everything else works great. Not a huge issue.

Coming from a Treo 600 I love this thing.
    Dangottreo,

Well the degree of the issue seems to vary with whom you speak too. It is an ongoing issue that has be discuss and recognized for several months now, and supposedly been brought to Palm’s attention. Search and read a little on this forum and you will see lots of the 700p users that are very unhappy about these issues, and plenty of other problems that have not been fixed, but identified. So here we wait, and Palm has done nothing to correct any of the problems that were identified by user, especially here on this forum.

This thing that really pisses me off is, this device is not like some cheap fifty dollar phone. When they were first released they were around six hundred dollars, and Palm could give a crap that is has recognized problems, and they have not made an attempt to fix them.

My Treo 700p sits in the box it came in, in my closet. I was just sick and tired of having to do soft / hard re-sets on a regular basis, Bluetooth works like crap, tremendous lag switching between programs, and of course the SMS problem too. So I went out and purchased a Blackberry 8703e, which by the way has work flawlessly! I’m missing the multimedia enhancements, but you know what, a stable and solid operating system, and a spectacular e-mail program makes it worth it to me to switch……….

Good luck with the choice you make, but please be a self-educated consumer and with sites like this everyone can make an educated decision themselves.

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I have a 700p and only have lag when going into/out of blazer. Everything else works great. Not a huge issue.

Coming from a Treo 600 I love this thing.
    If you have not set Blazer to clear the cache on exit there should be very little lag on exit or entry to the browser. I believe that the old version of LauncherX was also causing lags on my 700p that took a while to discover; once I updated it, the lags disappeared (with over 50 third party apps on it).

P.S.
    Though I have run Blazer with the "Clear Cache on Exit" option, I find that things run better with it off (default).
    Quote Originally Posted by dangottreo View Post
    I was at a verizon store a couple of days ago and played with the 700p for about 30 minutes and liked the user friendly UI of the palm OS. but I did not like that lag with white screen the phone had each time you tried to open a app. what causes that and is it fixable? I have a new 700w coming in the mail to replace my current one b/c of a sms issue that plam nor the vzw tech support could fix. can I trade the new 700w in a verizon store for a new 700p?
    I have heard that people in similar circumstances have gotten 700ps for 700wxs and vice versa at the store.
    That white screen transitions more then just blazer, but it's a quick pause from my experience. It doesn't hang, it's just like the black screen you probably see in between channels on digital cable.

The problem for me is there isn't a back button, so I end up hitting the home button, or the phone key just so I can get to a menu. I also find the phone is slow to disconnect so I have to hit the red button a second time, and then once again to come out of the darkness. I'm a Palm newbie obviously, but it's almost like the basic OS is too stripped down, causing me to fumble a lot.
  7.    #7  
    being a WM user, thet slight pause white screen is an annoyance as windows doesn't do that. and I did notice the lack of a back button as well so like you I too would just hit the home button. My replacement treo 700w arrives today and I was seriously thinking of attempting to take it to the local vzw store and asking to exchange it for a 700p.
    My Palm Treo 700w was a snitch
    Though I have run Blazer with the "Clear Cache on Exit" option, I find that things run better with it off (default)
    I just set my cache space ridiculously low.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    I just set my cache space ridiculously low.
    That trick could help, I don't know what Blazer does when it reaches the threshold. If it purges incrementally you may not even notice, if it purges at once, you may find it pausing while it clears the level you have set. I have mine set to the default 4 meg.
    screw wx....i would deal with the millisecond lag anyday over the crappy screen quality of the 700wx...booooo
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by palakdesai View Post
    screw wx....i would deal with the millisecond lag anyday over the crappy screen quality of the 700wx...booooo
    wife just sent me a MMS of the package, they sent me a refurb...boooooooooooo! , maybe I can sell it and use the $$$ towards a 700p
    Yea..or maybe you can search the trades/sell section of various forums to see if someone is willing to trade you the wx for a p. I'm sure there is someone with a 700p out there that would rather have a wx
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by palakdesai View Post
    Yea..or maybe you can search the trades/sell section of various forums to see if someone is willing to trade you the wx for a p. I'm sure there is someone with a 700p out there that would rather have a wx
    I have a 700w not a wx. More than likely I will have the same problem I had with my current one and they will send me yet another phone.
    I've been in the IT field for about 20 years, so I'm no newbie when it comes to tech. I was really torn between the wx and the p. But at the end of the day, I decided to stick with the p for ease of use. Knock on wood, but I have not experienced white screens, black screens or whatever color screens on my p. Ofcourse I only have a few third party apps in my p so far...Tomtom 6, Google Maps, Flight Status, Opera Mini, Resco Explorer, and a trial of Imundu IM 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by dangottreo View Post
    I have a 700w not a wx. More than likely I will have the same problem I had with my current one and they will send me yet another phone.
    ooh..sorry about that...

i know it's a long shot...but..trade it for a 650 or something..get insurance....'lose' it ...and hope they send you a refurb (dare, I say new) 700p in replacement