Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    just wondering if they were ever going to come out with a patch or firmware update for the 700p sprint.

Ever since I upgraded from my 650 to 700, my bluetooth has never been the same lol.... especially in the car, both cars...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Yes, bluetooth is killing me on the Sprint 700p. TomTom takes forever to connect to the GPS modem. Same modem had no problems on the Sprint 650p. I am trying to address with TomTom, but suspect they will blame the hardware, and I can't blame them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    just wondering if they were ever going to come out with a patch or firmware update for the 700p sprint.

Ever since I upgraded from my 650 to 700, my bluetooth has never been the same lol.... especially in the car, both cars...
    In Palm's response to a TreoCentral menbers rant on issues involving the 700P, one of the main issue to be addressed in the forthcoming update (sometime in Quarter 1??) is to address Bluetooth issues. This would come in the result of a ROM update that the carriers would also have to test and approve. No timeframe on how long that would take.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilme2 View Post
    Yes, bluetooth is killing me on the Sprint 700p. TomTom takes forever to connect to the GPS modem. Same modem had no problems on the Sprint 650p. I am trying to address with TomTom, but suspect they will blame the hardware, and I can't blame them...
    There is a option (Connect) in "Trusted device" (in the pull down menu) that lets the treo initialize the connection instead of the "other item" initatize

I managed to connect the HS-26W like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    There is a option (Connect) in "Trusted device" (in the pull down menu) that lets the treo initialize the connection instead of the "other item" initatize...
    Can you provide more specifics on this. I have looked in my Sprint Treo 700p BT settings and can't find these options anywhere.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I guess my question would be why does sprint have to approve the rom update (when the first rom didn't work right in the 1RST place) I mean for the most part the phone DOES work (and quit well as far as phone calls go) but the bluetooth can be shakey at time ..but that IS NOT A SPRINT PROBLEM .(.OR IS IT) if it is then why does it seem that MOST of the blame on these post are PALMs fault and not SPINTS for allowing the phone to be released on the first place.....
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
    I think collusion is involved here between Sprint and Verion! They both took a long time to not discover the bluetooth problems. Perhaps someone from Plam(e) is giving them a kickback so they will accept shoddy hardware/software into each of these networks.

;-) Conspiracy theories abound!
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Can you provide more specifics on this. I have looked in my Sprint Treo 700p BT settings and can't find these options anywhere.
    In the Trusted Device menu (after pair)
    once you press connect palm will initialize instead ...
    I am using Telus firmware for 700p

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2998/p10802076wl.jpg
    I think the carriers view it in two way. They are afraid the ROM update could unintentionally mess the phone calling piece up. The other is that they figure any problems caused by the ROM update will cause calls to their support staff regardless if they have nothing to do with the phone calling piece.

I agree that I have no idea what the carrier tests could possibly be. For all the supposed scrutiny it seems unlikely they could miss the bluetooth problems.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.