1.    #1  
    My treo 600 and 650, and assuming my 700p won't either, well they all don't send and more importantly receive texts over 160 characters, anything I can do to at least receive them? anything to do to send them to verizon people over 160?
    I send and receive 160+ character text messages on my Verizon 700p to other Verizon non-Treo phones all of the time. If you send a 160+ character text message to non-Verizon phones, only the first 160 characters will be sent.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, anyone know if this is something that got fixed for the 700p or if it has always been like this?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Isn't this a carrier limitation? My sister on Sprint and using a Nokia clamshell cannot send or receive messages more than 160 characters.
  5.    #5  
    anyone know for verizon?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    It's limited by the carrier, not our Treo's. Here's the FAQ for SMS Text Messaging from Verizon: http://support.vzw.com/faqs/TXT%20messaging/faq.html.

In the FAQ Verizon claims that they only support up to 160 characters. However, I've heard folks able to text over 160 characters among Verizon subscribers. However, if you text to Cingular, Sprint, and T-Mobile from Verizon, anything that's over 160 is deleted. At least that's what I heard.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Off topic, but has anyone sent a txt message to a landline?

It's pretty cool. It will cost you .25, the person who answers the phone has to accept the message at no cost to them.

The message is translated to voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    It's limited by the carrier, not our Treo's. Here's the FAQ for SMS Text Messaging from Verizon: http://support.vzw.com/faqs/TXT%20messaging/faq.html.

In the FAQ Verizon claims that they only support up to 160 characters. However, I've heard folks able to text over 160 characters among Verizon subscribers. However, if you text to Cingular, Sprint, and T-Mobile from Verizon, anything that's over 160 is deleted. At least that's what I heard.

I ran into this last week when sending a message to a Cingular customer. I guess they want you to waste your next dime on another message. Now I take out all punctuation marks, and went back to the txt shorthand that the kids use.
  9.    #9  
    Is there any first hand experience for verizon customers using the treo 700p that can test it?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasealicious11 View Post
    Is there any first hand experience for verizon customers using the treo 700p that can test it?
    I think post #2 above is personal/first hand experience already?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasealicious11 View Post
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1095127