1.    #1  
    Hi guys and gals,

Well, I need help after all this time I've run into a problem and I just don't know how to fix it.

I've recently released that when I was Hotsync'g my photos and videos didn't seem to be transferring over.

I remember (two years ago when I originally got my Treo 650) when I installed the Palm Desktop software that there was an icon on the sidebar that said 'Media' and that was were my photos and videos were stored when I transferred them.

After having to rebuild my home computer and installing the lastest version of the software, I no longer see that icon.

So where are the pics going. I looked on the Treo and I actually don't even see a conduit there.

I do have Hotsync set to go to Outlook but I don't think the pictures are going into Outlook.

Come on, what the heck am I doing wrong. Was there something extra that I needed to install? Do I need to temporairly switch back to sync'ng with PalmDesktop?

Wow, this is getting me, I'm usually so good with this.

But alas, I need your help this time.

Thanks

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 01/22/2007 at 07:21 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Did you install from the CD? If you used the software from Palm's website, it does not include the conduit for Media (as I understand it).

Thus nothing is being done with pix and video.

If you lost your CD, it is hosted at http://www.megaupload.com/?f=I37QNELU

If you "right click" on the "Hot Synch" icon you currently have no "Media" choice - after you re-install from the CD you'll have that again, as well as "Media" in the Palm Desktop.
    Last edited by westronic; 01/22/2007 at 08:10 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Did you install from the CD? If you used the software from Palm's website, it does not include the conduit for Media (as I understand it).

Thus nothing is being done with pix and video.

If you lost your CD, it is hosted at http://www.megaupload.com/?f=I37QNELU

If you "right click" on the "Hot Synch" icon you currently have no "Media" choice - after you re-install from the CD you'll have that again, as well as "Media" in the Palm Desktop.
    I have been trying to reinstall from the CD (I still have it) but I think it's damaged. If it's not damage then I probably haven't uninstalled the newer version completely.

I also did try to go to that website to re-download the CD and I just got some advertising website. Am I supposed to register there?

Thanks for the help.

Oh yes, if I do get the old Cd installed, then can I install the newer setup files after that and still manage to keep the media conduit.

Also, do I really need to do all this, can I just copy to my external card the photos and videos and then transfer via USB Card Reader to computer?

One more thanks

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi guys and gals,
    After having to rebuild my home computer and installing the lastest version of the software, I no longer see that icon.
    Rob
    What is the version number f your Palm Desktop at present? Aren't you using older version?
    Current version should be 4.1.4, I think.