1.    #1  
    I have the Genius car kit, and it worked great with my 650. My 680... random. It seems that I'm unpairing and repairing it daily.

I think I've noticed that the 680 pairs more often if I don't put the phone near the bluetooth receiver. Like if I leave it in my pocket or something.

Anyone else seeing these problems? Anyone else found any fixes for this?
    Absolutely I am having the same problem. I have 3 different cars with all the same results. I have a BMW with factory Bluetooth. My 680 pairs most of the time but not always. I have tried my husband's Prius factory bluetooth and it works very sporadically (more often doesn't work). I keep getting Bluetooth connection failed and it almost never pairs automatically. Lastly I have a Prius with a Parrot 3200ls aftermarket bluetooth. When it works, it works great but often it won't pair automatically. Sometimes it won't even force pair. So with 3 different bluetooth setups, I am having some problems with all of them. Must be the Treo.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I put this post on another thread. I have a recent problem where when talking on my factory Toyota BT if a second call comes in it disconnects the first call and I can't even answer the second. Very frustrating when on a call. I'm almost afraid to start an important call while in the car. THis just started a couple of weeks ago, I have disconnected & reconnected the pairing, have not installed any new apps????
    Unlocked 680, Cingular
    Exit Realty Talbot and Company
  4.    #4  
    So here's what I've learned.

1. Distance wasn't relevant just coincidence

2. Delete the pairing, soft-reset the phone and re-pair. It works fine for 2-3 days followed by the exact same kind of consistent failure.
    I am having a similar problem. Just recently(last 4 days or so), I will be on a call using a BT headset(today car kit) and all of a sudden no sound from the earpiece. I look at my treo and it seems to think I turned off the headset(the speakerphone icon has appeared). I proceed to turn off the BT device, and then turn back on. The treo recognizes the BT connection by displaying headphones and the speakerphone icon disappears, but no sound from BT device. WTH. The only solution I have found is continue call on handset and after call remove battery and let treo reboot.

I know there have been lots of BT issues discussed, but has anyone else experienced this?
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonnot03 View Post
    I am having a similar problem. Just recently(last 4 days or so), I will be on a call using a BT headset(today car kit) and all of a sudden no sound from the earpiece. I look at my treo and it seems to think I turned off the headset(the speakerphone icon has appeared). I proceed to turn off the BT device, and then turn back on. The treo recognizes the BT connection by displaying headphones and the speakerphone icon disappears, but no sound from BT device. WTH. The only solution I have found is continue call on handset and after call remove battery and let treo reboot.

I know there have been lots of BT issues discussed, but has anyone else experienced this?
    When this happens, hit Menu-B to reconnect Bluetooth.

It sucks. I have to do this like 5 times a day now, often more.
    My 650 worked reasonably well with my Nokia carkit, echo was the only problem....the 680 is almost useless with this carkit. When there is a connection there is some voice transfer, but the buttons don't work at all and my 680 stays in BT carkit mode when I'm out of the car. very annoying.
    My 680 does pair with the Bluetooth Car Kit, but the quality of the connection is so bad that it is impossible to make a call because there is so much electronic noise and distortion on both sides that you simply cannot use it. Very disappointing.

One more thing: State of the art in GSM bluetooth carkits is the SIM-Access-Profile which means that the carkit reads the access data from the phone via bluetooth once and then works independently like a separate carphone ( without extra SIM-Card) . My carkit is able to do that, lots of new phones from Nokia and others also - but not my brand new - obviously not state of the art - Treo 680.
    Also very disappointing.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Move View Post
    One more thing: State of the art in GSM bluetooth carkits is the SIM-Access-Profile which means that the carkit reads the access data from the phone via bluetooth once and then works independently like a separate carphone ( without extra SIM-Card) . My carkit is able to do that, lots of new phones from Nokia and others also - but not my brand new - obviously not state of the art - Treo 680.
    Also very disappointing.
    the bluetooth system in my bmw pulls my contacts off my 680's sim and uploads it so that they're visible on my stereo's display. i can dial via that, or use the bmw's voice recognition system to dial by name (with a separate contact list i had to store in the bmw's memory itself - it won't automatically interpret what i say and match it to a name in the 680's contact list), OR i can use voice recognition to rattle off a number i want it to dial and it will dial the number on the 680 for me. in any of the above, i never have to touch the 680 even once, except if i need to push "7" to erase a voicemail or something.

is this the type of capability you're talking about? if so, the 680 can do it...
    Well, obviously you have a better BMW than I do because mine does not do that. It still has the old style separate phone with extra SIM-Card.
    The feature I'm talking about is one I would like to use in my Volvo ('72 P1800ES) where I just put in the latest gadget from Becker - its a Navigation System + Radio + iPod-Link + GSM-phone with Bluetooth Hands Free + Bluetooth Sim Access + voice recognition and all that fits in the regular car radio slot and looks exactly like their 1960's classic model "Mexico".

What BMW does is just a very clever implementation of standard hands free bluetooth profile.
    SIM-Access Bluetooth uses not only the external antenna and mic/speakers of the car, it uses the built in GSM-car phone but spares you the trouble of getting a separate SIM-Card and phone plan for that phone by transfering the access data via Bluetooth from the mobile to the car phone only as long as you sit in the car.
    this is my experience with Seat Altea built-in BT:
    Treo 650 base and 1st firmware update: KO [connect - disconnect - connect - ...]
    Treo 650 2nd firmware release: OK
    Treo750v: KO [connect - disconnect - connect - ...]
    Treo 680: OK
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    I cannot upload any contact data from Treo 680 (unbranded red) to EasyDrive. I can pair the Treo 680 and make calls using the phone. I can receive calls. The calls are transferred to EasyDrive. The problem is with adding voice tags. The EasyDrive prompts me to add voice tags and then says "awaiting a contact" I send a contact from Treo 680 using bluetooth. Treo flashes a message about contact sent and disconnecting. But EasyDrive does not acknowledge receiving the contact and does not prompt me to add voice tag for the contact.

The EasyDrive firmware is 1.05c.

Can anyone confirm having the same problem with 680 and EasyDrive?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone