Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone received the Palm 680 promo Music Pack lately? I'm still waiting on mine (going on 4 weeks).
    I'd like to sell mine if anyone is interested. It's still sealed in the package. I don't think I'm going to use my Treo for music, so I don't really need the SD card of any of the other stuff. If anyone is interested, make me an offer.
  3.    #3  
    Did you receive it recently?
    No, It's been sitting here since I first got my phone. It came in the same box. But I didn't order form the Palm website. I got it from the SFO Airport Wireless Palm Store.
    I received mine in my box...the headphones are actually decent, and I upgraded the version of PocketTunes Deluxe to 4.whatever....and can now stream my Colorado Radio stations here to Missouri!!!
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
  6.    #6  
    Mine wasn't in the box. I've called Palm numerous times, was told (in order) it would be shipping soon, had shipped, was being held for confirmation (to see if I qualified), was confirmed and had shipped via overnight express, and today that I didn't qualify, and even if I did, that they were out of stock and nobody was getting it. Finally spoke to a supervisor who repeated same, then assured me they'd send one, and would confirm again within 72hrs. So I'm trying do some homework and see what the story is...

So confusing, and I just want my music pack
    I received my 680 from Palm last Thursday, and the music pack was included.

I think the $150 value is a stretch, but a free media card and decent headphones are pretty nice.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks! Last Thursday doesn't sound like "don't have any - aren't shipping any"...
    I received mine in the box too but never opened it. I don't know what I'd use it for. I guess the streaming radio might be nice--if it works. Is that all that it really adds? I don't download music and never will, so if that's the only other thing besides streaming, I guess I don't really need it.
  10.    #10  
    While the 1GB SD card is no long cutting edge, the 2-purpose headset is something I'm interested in. I don't know enough about pTunes Deluxe to know if it is vastly more attractive than the standard version already on my Treo. Is it just streaming audio that differentiates it?

I'm also unsure about the value of the 1 month free trial Yahoo Music store, and what, if anything, that allows.

However, I do know they said they would send it, and I think people should be held to their word, and that companies should honor the spirit of their promotions and the word of their sales support personnel.

I know when I worked in sales support many years back, if one of our support people had promised something reasonable to a customer, and even been in error to do so, I would have been ashamed of any supervisor who didn't immediately make sure the customer got what was agreed to (never mind gone out of his way to make sure the customer was satisfied, again within reason, with the support experience and would, hopefully, stay a customer for the long haul).
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I received mine in the box too but never opened it. I don't know what I'd use it for. I guess the streaming radio might be nice--if it works. Is that all that it really adds? I don't download music and never will, so if that's the only other thing besides streaming, I guess I don't really need it.
    You can't stream music with the PTunes Deluxe that comes in the music pack -- you have to upgrade to PTunes 4.0, and you have to pay for the upgrade. You can get streaming music for free at www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/.
    I went to that link but nothing loads, It just says you need to install macromedia flash player, and then additional linkes for pocket pc users and for desktop use. What gives? are you sure the 680 can use that link wthout more?
    I went to that link but nothing loads, It just says you need to install macromedia flash player, and then additional linkes for pocket pc users and for desktop use. What gives? are you sure the 680 can use that link wthout more?
    That's weird! I'm playing it now on my 680 (I made the URL a bookmark in Blazer) and it's working perfectly! I started using it within a couple of days of getting my new 680 on December 1st, before I really had many 3rd Party apps loaded (I did have PTunes deluxe from the music pack loaded, but The Stream Center doesn't play through PTunes). I have no idea why it won't load for you, but I pulled the link right out of Blazer. I can play music from that link on my PC, too (I just tried it by clicking the link).
    I can connect. Indeed it SAYS that "You are listening to WXXX' but I hear nothing. I assume I don't have to have the earphones plugged in, right; if not, it should be coming out of the speaker. No?
    I can connect. Indeed it SAYS that "You are listening to WXXX' but I hear nothing. I assume I don't have to have the earphones plugged in, right; if not, it should be coming out of the speaker. No?

Yes, I have mine coming out of the speaker right now, and it sounds awesome!
    You must have some sort of software installed. With what does this work?
    I don't believe Blazer alone can do this. There must be a plug in you've installed somewhere, somehow.
    Ah...I see. You have PTunes Deluxe. I bet that installs something associated with Blazer. I don't have that. It's not quite free, apparently.
    Last edited by mdavis; 01/23/2007 at 04:34 PM.
    Just received mine today.
    You must have some sort of software installed. With what does this work?
    I don't believe Blazer alone can do this. There must be a plug in you've installed somewhere, somehow.
    Ah...I see. You have PTunes Deluxe. I bet that installs something associated with Blazer. I don't have that. It's not quite free, apparently.
    I don't know whether or not PTunes Deluxe actually makes The Stream Center work. But if you have the music pack that came w/the 1G SD card, then you got PTunes Deluxe w/it (that's the version I installed, then went to the website for updates, which are free below the level of version 4)!
  19.    #19  
    Thanks Beebleb!
    Well, I loaded the CD with PTunes Deluxe, did the upgrade, went to the sream center, it allows me to choose a station, but I don't even get the message that I am listening to WXXX. Now, I just keep getting the page where you can choose the station. Every time I choose it, it turns white, waits a while, then returns me to that page.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast