1.    #1  
    Can I get my Treo 650 to access the Internet using the USB connector? I do not wish to use Bluetooth. I simply want to plug into my PC and be able to use its Internet connection.

How would I do such a thing?
    I'm not sure if that's possible, I had never seen anything, but, umm, why would you want to? I never really got the wireless version of RDUN, except for the geek factor, but wired would just look odd.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Can I get my Treo 650 to access the Internet using the USB connector? I do not wish to use Bluetooth. I simply want to plug into my PC and be able to use its Internet connection.

How would I do such a thing?
    softick PPP is the way to go. http://www.softick.com/ppp/
    Last edited by treoluv; 01/26/2007 at 06:55 AM.
    Treo Maniac?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    That's the reverse of what I want to do. I want the PC to provide the connection for the phone.

As for why - well, because occasionally I want a very high speed connection on the phone.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I've just edited the post above. You're way too fast!
    Treo Maniac?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    softick PPP is the way to go. http://www.softick.com/ppp/

Yep, that would do it. Thanks.

I do not think it is worth $25 to me, though. Drat.
    Yes you can. I have it up and running using Soft PPP. Its very fast, much faster than Reverse Bluetooth. This is the same way the Enfora Sled works so I suspect that Wi-fi is faster on the Sled than the Palm Wi-fi Card but until i try it i won't know 4 sure. Also I noticed that some things don’t work with it like Kinoma Player. It won’t refresh some of its sites but you can still manually input them.
    Last edited by Bronxboy; 01/27/2007 at 12:43 PM.