Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have heard that it has no real impact on the battery drain.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    yes, it is working. Battery life is not longer a problem for me a full day's usage makes my battery go down by about 15%.
    I now only get a drain of 1% - 3% per hour, was a lot worse before. I can make it from 7:30am - 10pm and be left with ~45-50% battery remaining. Before the patch I wouldn't get 8 hours from the battery.

Still a far cry from 300hrs standby. I do have ChatterEmail running in the background, which is surely a drain.
    Much better. All this mewling wouldn't have taken place had this been discovered prior to release.
    the batt. patch really kicks ***!
    I get great performance out of my 680 (better than 0.5% per hour in standby), but before the patch, camera use would cause 6x higher drain until I performed a soft reset, while now (still early days) it seems to work with that efficiency even after using the camera, so I think it works!
    i installed the patch yesterday- unplugged the treo at 7am, it is 1pm now down to 35% already(same as before), did i do something wrong?

Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    I now only get a drain of 1% - 3% per hour, was a lot worse before. I can make it from 7:30am - 10pm and be left with ~45-50% battery remaining. Before the patch I wouldn't get 8 hours from the battery.

Still a far cry from 300hrs standby. I do have ChatterEmail running in the background, which is surely a drain.
    Yeah, in my experience, ChatterEmail is a big drain on the battery. Your experience with the 680 (plus the battery fix) is not far from what I saw with the 650. I have always had to put my Treo on the charger (650 or 680) every day. 300 hrs with Chatter running in the background... ain't gonna happen.

However, I can't live without Chatter. IMHO, it is the reason to own a Palm OS Treo.
    The wise man breaks wind and is gone... - J. Tull
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcgill View Post
    i installed the patch yesterday- unplugged the treo at 7am, it is 1pm now down to 35% already(same as before), did i do something wrong?

Kevin
    Kevin, did you run the Camera application after installing the patch? That's the last step!
    Palm since Palm Professional --- Treo 650 (2 yrs), iPhone since 6/29/07
    I was typically below 50% before the patch, now I'm *way* over (I don't use data, just voice and pda). I'm not sure about overall performance, however.

I did notice that, after charging overnight, as soon as I took my 680 off the charger, it reported 92%, so I plugged it in again and about 10min. later it stopped charging and was at 98%.

So, slightly less strange than before...
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I'm still on the fence about it. Yesterday i posted in another thread that's already out there about this. My battery went from 99% (never 100%) to 87% within a couple hours. Today however, i'm only down to 94% in that same time frame. So i'm going to give it some time to see.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    working much better for me now
    Personally, I can't see it's doing anything.

Never use the camera much - but I did start the application to 'finish' installing the patch.

After 2 days I really can't see any improvement in battery life at all -I just about get a full day out of my battery, and it has to be fully charged every night.

Sorry, but I just can't see the sort of gains other folk are seeing.

Bob.
    I am seeing a remarkable increase with the patch!

My 650 would go 48 hours without a recharge.

Like Kevin, I rarely made it through a day of normal use on my 680.
    I installed the patch yesterday. I took it off the charger this morning at 7:30. At 3:30, I still have 85% battery life!

BIG difference even on the first day of the patch.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I'm at 30 hours on this battery and am at 76% battery.
    <1%/hr since battery patch.

Without GPRS. I'm going to try with GPRS on after I get a 100%-0% test on this charge.

/ancker
    I see a huge decrease in battery life. I was at 1-2% per hour but since Friday, I have been getting some bad battery use of 3-4% per hour. Battery.prc is showing 105-150mA draw when screen on. When screen off it is at 50-60mA draw, I doubt this is normal. I am uninstalling my each program and monitoring the battery usage. Reset is performed after each program is removed by Destaller.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I'm getting really good battery performance so far since the upgrade. Last night, I recharged fully before going to bed. Took the 680 off the charger before going to sleep. Checked the battery level before heading to work this morning and it showed an astounding 99%. Never got this before with my 680 sitting overnight. I usually lost around 7 - 12% easy. As of now, I'm still showing 85% battery level. As far as my use I check email using Chatter, a few phone call, some web surfing, and messing around with the calendar. Now this is a little bit more tolerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarr3 View Post
    I'm getting really good battery performance so far since the upgrade. Last night, I recharged fully before going to bed. Took the 680 off the charger before going to sleep. Checked the battery level before heading to work this morning and it showed an astounding 99%. Never got this before with my 680 sitting overnight. I usually lost around 7 - 12% easy. As of now, I'm still showing 85% battery level. As far as my use I check email using Chatter, a few phone call, some web surfing, and messing around with the calendar. Now this is a little bit more tolerable.
    Wanna exchange phones?

I have seen no improvement so far. same 3% per hour. What applications everyone who saw no improvement is running?

I have chatter, takephone and 2day. Thats the only apps that i have running in the background. I have attached my notifications list from PalmInternals.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post
    Wanna exchange phones?

I have seen no improvement so far. same 3% per hour. What applications everyone who saw no improvement is running?

I have chatter, takephone and 2day. Thats the only apps that i have running in the background. I have attached my notifications list from PalmInternals.
    Sorry about your lack of battery improvement. As far as changing phones go.....Nah....

The applications that I'm running are Chatter (I only perform manual syncs. I have no need to check my email every few minutes, but I do check my mail 10-20 times a day), TCPMP, Phone Technician, Mini Tones, Google Maps and Reset Network.
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post
    Wanna exchange phones?

Chatter running in the background uses 3%/hr for me in many experiments. So there ya go, minus chatter your phone is using 0%. Happy?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast