Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I was wondering if anyone is successfully running their Treo 700+ based handheld with TeleNav and Goodlink combined? I am looking to upgrade my Treo 700w to a Treo 750 (still with Goodlink) but want to add TeleNav and was concerned of any conflicts between the two software apps. Thanks!
    If I have goodlink running and start Telenav then my Treo usually crashes/reboots.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Same thing happens when I try to run TomTom. Goodlink cannot be "shut down" once installed on your device. It will always run in the background and take up an unprecedented 6.7 MB of RAM. The GPS softwares are also resource hogs and when you try to run the 2 of them together you get a lot of crashes or terrible slowdowns (sometimes making the GPS software unusable for it purpose of street navigation). There is no planned fix for this currently from Good.
    On my VZ 700p, GoodLink (aka GMM) 4.9.2.30 runs fine with Telenav. It doesn't crash very often, certainly not any more than with TomTom. Occasionally I have to free up dbcache before starting Telenav (I can't remember if the program warns me first like TomTom does) by flushing my dbcache with Reset Doctor by Hobbyist Software or by exiting GoodLink, but neither of those options is any big deal. By the way the new version of GoodLink DOES let you exit the program whenever you want, which of course frees up lots of resources.
    bsol - can you say more how the new version of GL lets you exit the program? What version is it?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    bsol - can you say more how the new version of GL lets you exit the program? What version is it?
    Sure, I have Good Mobile Messaging (formerly GoodLink) version 4.9.2.30 on my 700p. In the GoodLink "Today Screen" (to get there from within GoodLink press the Treo's home key or just click the "Good" icon in Palm Applications), select Menu>Good Messaging>Exit to exit the program. This is a new feature that didn't exist in the previous version of GoodLink (4.9.1).
    That's cool. No such option exists for Windows Mobile users on version 4.9.x. Have you confirmed if it actually releases the RAM that it was using?
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    That's cool. No such option exists for Windows Mobile users on version 4.9.x. Have you confirmed if it actually releases the RAM that it was using?
    Yes, exiting GoodLink frees up several Megs of dbcache, as confirmed by running the dbcache tool before and after exiting GL.