1.    #1  
    So all the speculating about what is running in the back causing the battery drain. there is no program that will show what program is utilizing the CPU?
    Last edited by mass; 01/22/2007 at 12:45 AM.
    PalmInternals. http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/palminternals.shtml and just love those pop-ups.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. But that only shows the alarms. It won't show the Camera or Ptunes running in the background.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I am looking for a tool like this as well. I installed the camera patch and it worked for awhile, but I am suddenly seeing a rapid drain in power without changing anything on my 680 for several weeks now.

This would be a great tool to have. I am sure somewhere someone has figured out how to see what is actually running in the background.
    hit notifications after u run palm internals..will show u everything that is running
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I downloaded and installed PalmInternals (It hasn't crashed my 680 yet) but I am not sure how to decipher the report that is generated when I hit notifications after I have started the program. It gives a lot of information but I am not enough of a programmer to know how to decipher what it is telling me. Is there a user guide for this program somewhere? The program's creator's web site seems to be very out of date at this point and I couldn't find anything on how to use the program.
    i would suggest searching in the forum
    PalmInternals, many people used it to determine speed issues, like programs unde hede are no good, go to menu n speed tips will give u other two

i am not sure what u are using this program for to try n troubleshoot...?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply. I will dig deeper to see what I can find on this program. I am using it to try and discover why after I installed the Camera patch and had pretty good results I all of a sudden started having heavy battery use when I didn't change my use patterns on the phone. I am just looking to see if there is something running in the background that I am not aware of so I can either change its settings / preferences or delete it if I am not really using it.