1.    #1  
    I just picked up a 680 from Palm the other day, and am still playing around with it trying to see if it's a keeper or not (so far, it is).

Anway, I haven't found much of a use for the sylus yet. Do people find it is used often? Any good programs that use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtyD View Post
    I just picked up a 680 from Palm the other day, and am still playing around with it trying to see if it's a keeper or not (so far, it is).

Anway, I haven't found much of a use for the sylus yet. Do people find it is used often? Any good programs that use it?
    On a treo, stylus is only useful when playing game.

And the ability to one-hand operate a palm is probably the biggest reason i came back to a treo after using a WM phone for the last 2 years..
    I've had my treo for about 6 weeks now, and I've taken out the stylus maybe 5 times. I have a good screen protector and prefer to just use my finger on the screen.
    I use it for the links on the net. google maps for moving map view. mundu if I have a lot of ims open. browsing email. dialing numbers if I call my bank and need to make sure I enter the right numbers. but I am ambidextrous
    Last edited by mattlaughs; 01/22/2007 at 04:18 AM.
    I only use my stylus for Bejeweled and I prefer to just use my finger for the few programs I have that don't use 5-way nav. I have an InvisibleSHIELD screen protector so I'm comfortable just using my finger. I use the 5-way nav for everything else.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    I use my stylus for games like 3-D Air Hockey and Bowling Deluxe, to pinpoint things on the touch screen that I don't seem to be able to accurately get with my fingernail, and sometimes when I use MobileWrite because I don't feel like using the keypad.
    Resetting the device is it for me. Ben
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Since I got the 680, unfortunately, I've been using the stylus to check the battery level.
    Almost never had to do that with a 650.
    --Nelson
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Resetting the device is it for me. Ben

Ben, I'm not trying to start a fight, but how do you reset a 680 with the stylus without the device having a reset hole? Your comment, to me, seems to be out of place here and could cause unnecessary confusion since I think it's about your 700p. I will gladly eat my words if my comment about your 700p is completely wrong and if you can answer the above question without adding any 3rd party apps.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I only use mine for apps that are still in the dark ages, like Vindigo, that aren't 5-way savvy. Also for certain preferences screens where i'd have to hit the nav pad 50 times just to get to the selection i want.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by Emkay View Post
    And the ability to one-hand operate a palm is probably the biggest reason i came back to a treo after using a WM phone for the last 2 years..
    Ever tried a 750?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post

Ben, I'm not trying to start a fight, but how do you reset a 680 with the stylus without the device having a reset hole? Your comment, to me, seems to be out of place here and could cause unnecessary confusion since I think it's about your 700p.
    I had the same thought when I read Ben's post.
    I only use the stylus when I need to recalibrate the screen. I have long nails...
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post

Ben, I'm not trying to start a fight, but how do you reset a 680 with the stylus without the device having a reset hole? Your comment, to me, seems to be out of place here and could cause unnecessary confusion since I think it's about your 700p. I will gladly eat my words if my comment about your 700p is completely wrong and if you can answer the above question without adding any 3rd party apps.

Dont the 680 and 700p run the same exact OS?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Dont the 680 and 700p run the same exact OS?
    It's not about the OS, it's about the way resets are performed. You can't use the stylus to perform a reset on the 680, like you can on the 650 and your Treo -- you can use software, if your 680 isn't frozen, but the only other way is to remove the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtyD View Post

I have a Treo 700P.

I use the stylus when my brain is on automatic pilot and 8 prior years of Palm PDA use kick in. (Or, I guess I should say 10 years, as I considered my 650 and now 700P -- PDAs with this phone thingie inside.)