Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Been trying mRing but,
    When I get a call in the caller screen comes on as normal and there is a answer
    button and a ignore button.
    I tap the answer button and the TREO locks up with the answer button highlighted but it freezes.
    I have to soft reset my unit and try to see if the person left a VM or call him back since I could not take the call.
    Any advise?
    Thanks
    JW
    First make sure you have the new version, realeased 2 days ago(v3.3.6). I really don't think its mRing, the only known problem is that, there's a small delay when answering. Which MotionApps is trying to fix now. Did you have another Ringer app installed before? Maybe some files are still on your Treo.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    First make sure you have the new version, released 2 days ago(v3.3.6). I really don't think its mRing, the only known problem is that, there's a small delay when answering. Which MotionApps is trying to fix now. Did you have another Ringer app installed before? Maybe some files are still on your Treo.
    I am not sure if this is it but I tried to change the ringtone to see if it is the tone that I created.
    Let me detail:
    I have a ringtone that I assigned to my company name as a group id.
    I assigned my Blackberry to that group to test my theory.
    When I used my Blackberry to called my TREO, my TREO locked up but my Blackberry continued to ring...
    I was forced to soft reset.
    After recovering from the soft reset, I changed the ringtone to a MP3 located on my card.
    Via my Blackberry dialed my TREO again, and it worked...
    Switched it back to the midi file located in the internal memory that I created (used the Palm Sound recorder) and it froze again.
    Any idea why or what I need to do to correct this if this is actually the problem?

Any of this make sense?
    Oh an dI have version 3.3.6 tried the update before posting
    Thanks
    JW
    That's really odd, try to delete the app, soft reset you Treo, & re-download mRing, see if that helps. Also make sure the the Ringer Sounds on your Treo(under prefs)are set to silent. Just for known/unknown callers, and if your using mRing for Text alerts, make sure that's set to silent too.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    That's really odd, try to delete the app, soft reset you Treo, & re-download mRing, see if that helps. Also make sure the the Ringer Sounds on your Treo(under prefs)are set to silent. Just for known/unknown callers, and if your using mRing for Text alerts, make sure that's set to silent too.
    Set everything to No Sound except for the last option which is, Service Tone, I left that on "on".

Still no change, my TREO froze and locked up.
    BUMMER.

Good idea though.

Are there any midi limitations, since I recorded the ringtone via Palms sound app?
    Now I am still in the trial period, are there any group limitations while in the trial?
    Thanks
    JW
    I'm not sure if there is, try using a regular midi that came with your Treo, & try that. If not, you'll need to e-mail Motion Apps, cause I'm stumped

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if there is, try using a regular midi that came with your Treo, & try that. If not, you'll need to e-mail Motion Apps, cause I'm stumped
    Emailed Motion Apps waiting and waiting for a reply.
    Thanks
    JW
    Sorry for being off topic but "reverendrhino" but your avatar is really cool!!!......
    Quote Originally Posted by SCP_DRUMS View Post
    Sorry for being off topic but "reverendrhino" but your avatar is really cool!!!......
    Well, thank you. A friend made for me, I even got a matching Sig Bar with it. I'll put it up soon, it looks better

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Been trying mRing but,
    When I get a call in the caller screen comes on as normal and there is a answer
    button and a ignore button.
    I tap the answer button and the TREO locks up with the answer button highlighted but it freezes.
    I have to soft reset my unit and try to see if the person left a VM or call him back since I could not take the call.
    Any advise?
    Thanks
    I've been using this program on my Treo 680 for the last couple of weeks and it has worked great. You can set MP3 ring tones for individual callers as well as groups. You can do the same for SMS.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Found my problem.
    They are working on a solution for the next upgrade release.

I wish I could get a special ringtone on the VM through mRing but it does not see the SD card.
    Bummer
    JW