1.    #1  
    I have an unusual situation, am looking for advice, or options:

I have a VZW 700P running Good. It is of course CDMA. This is my "main" cell phone and PDA, I use it all over the US, and prefer Verizon to any other provider for coverage (at least I should say I never have coverage issues....)

I have long had a T-Mobile number that I use only when I travel internationally (which used to be frequently, now not as much).

A friend who works for T-Mobile got me one of the Blackberry Pearls (which I really like, by the way). It of course requires BES (my company has both Good and BES)

I am traveling overseas (UK) leaving next Sunday for 1-week. I would like to forward my number to the Pearl, and use the BES server for email during the week I am gone (or permanently as a second device).

When we add me to the BES server, it causes the Good server to stop redirection, and vis-a-vis, the same with BES.

Anyone tried this or have some ideas?

I have to assume someone out there is running both a Blackberry and Good-enabled unit simultaneously.....

Thanks in advance....!!

G2
    You cannot have a BB and GMM device accessing the same Exchange mailbox. This causes, as you have seen, errors in syncing.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.

How about another idea?

Is it possible to have two separate devices both running Good against one exchange account?

i.e., my "regular" CDMA (Verizon) Treo 700P and a second Treo (such as an unlocked GSM)?
    If you are running the latest version, yes, you can have up to 10 different devices accessing the same mailbox via GMM.
  5.    #5  
    Latest client or latest GMM server?

I am on 4.9x on device, not sure what server version we use.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    You cannot have a BB and GMM device accessing the same Exchange mailbox. This causes, as you have seen, errors in syncing.

Since when? I have been doing this for over 3 months now.
    We do not support BB and GMM accessing the same mailbox. Now, with GMM supporting multiple devices access the same mailbox, it may be (and from your comment it is) to have BB and GMM device accessing the same mailbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggalat View Post
    Latest client or latest GMM server?

I am on 4.9x on device, not sure what server version we use.
    Server. If you are on 4.9 client, your server will support multiple devices.
  9.    #9  
    Good Guy,

Thanks.

XSPWY,

How do you do this?

When we enable my BB on BES, it kills my Good on my Treo.
  10.    #10  
    Good Guy,

I just got my "second" Treo (unlocked 650) to try this as you suggested.

When I try to intsall OTA, the system gives me a message back saying:

"this email address has already been setup on another handheld, contact your IT admministrator"

What gives?

I bought this device at your suggestion above...I leave for Europe tomorrow so am struggling.....
  11.    #11  
    Never mind, we got this working. There was a setting in the admin console my admin needed to set.....thanks again !!
    Quote Originally Posted by ggalat View Post
    Never mind, we got this working. There was a setting in the admin console my admin needed to set.....thanks again !!
    Awesome. Sorry I didn't respond faster, seems I only have time to check here once in a while.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    i have a blackberry and my treo 750 running good

ive had a goodlink device and a blackberry on my mailbox for 2 years with very heavy usage, no sync issues whatsoever

in fact my whole team has been doing this for years to

we need to have both as a safe fail over coverage
    hey Good Guy, can you provide me somethign in writing to back this up? I have a user that insists on using BB and Good and i refuse to let him to do adn i used your statement as a defence saying that he may have data loss and issues. Months later he is till pushing for this and i wanna send hiom sonmething to shut him up.

thanks!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    AT&T user with
    Treo 650
    Treo 680
    Treo 750 WM6
    BB Pearl
    BB 8310
    BB 8820
    Good Mobile Messaging Admin
    ver. 4.9 and 5.0 with 1535 users
    BES Admin
    ver. 4.1.4 with 1457 users
    We do not support BB and GMM running on the same mailbox. While, as you can see, there are people doing it just fine, the fact that there can be conflicts is the reason it is not a support configuration.
    We do not support BB and GMM running on the same mailbox. While, as you can see, there are people doing it just fine, the fact that there can be conflicts is the reason it is not a support configuration.
    so good does not have anythign in writting to support this?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    AT&T user with
    Treo 650
    Treo 680
    Treo 750 WM6
    BB Pearl
    BB 8310
    BB 8820
    Good Mobile Messaging Admin
    ver. 4.9 and 5.0 with 1535 users
    BES Admin
    ver. 4.1.4 with 1457 users